RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New SA Body values

Peoharen

Sorceror
Mine don't crash. If the floor below the new art is legal to walk on I *fall* though the new floors and walk on the ground or so the Server states, the client however continues to display me walking across the floor (you can have the opposite out of sync problem trying to walk on blood tiles btw, to everyone else your walking on them but to use you fell though them)

Stairs however rubber band me back even if the floor below is valid. *shrugs*

Thilgon

Sorceror
Mine neither. I haven't experienced any crash related to the new map (except a test i did to see if i could modify the core to read the new tiledata :rolleyes: )...

SA walls: walk through them
SA floors: can't get across, if i tele, i get stucked
SA stairs: can't use them, ifi i tele on them i fall trying to walk
Any already existing tile works normally, however...

This, as you see, is all related to tiledata, the server can't read SA tile properties (specifically: SA tile = tileID > 0x4000, not the new ones under that value), so it acts like they has no property at all... or, at least, this is what my limited mind could understand (last time i spoke about technical details about SA i got aggressed, so, let's be humble...)

Erica

Knight
It was My XMLSpawner2.cs fixed it since in it had 5 maps changed that 5 to a 6 so no more crash thought.
Just having same issues yous both said about certain tiles or stairs can fall under.
Had to change this tho in XMLSpawner2.cs this line

Code:
// sector hashtable for each map
        private static Hashtable[] GlobalSectorTable = new Hashtable[5];

To this.

Code:
// sector hashtable for each map
        private static Hashtable[] GlobalSectorTable = new Hashtable[6];

so for those using xml just change the 5 to a 6 won't crash no more if your in the new lands TerMur.

Erica

Knight
Marvin19491;813794 said:
Actually I have been there using my 2d client on my own shard. Iif you did this
Code:
RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",      MapRules.TrammelRules );
Then the correct command is [go TerMur

Also the walls and walkways all seem solid. I have yet to encounter a tile error.

I Think because theres certain places you fall tru stairs or cant walk on certain places might be the code.
Code:
RegisterMap( 5, 5, 5, 1280, 4096, 1, "TerMur",      MapRules.TrammelRules );

Peoharen

Sorceror
As in.
Server\ExpansionInfo.cs
Code:
				new ExpansionInfo( 0, "None"			, 0x00,								0x0003, 0x008, 0x00 ),
				new ExpansionInfo( 1, "Age of Shadows"	, 0x08,								0x801F, 0x028, 0x20 ),
				new ExpansionInfo( 2, "Samurai Empire"	, 0x10,								0x805F, 0x0A8, 0x60 ),	//0x40 | 0x20 = 0x60
				new ExpansionInfo( 3, "Mondain's Legacy", new ClientVersion( "5.0.0a" ),	0x82DF, 0x1A8, 0x2E0 ),	//0x280 | 0x60 = 0x2E0
				[COLOR="Sienna"]new ExpansionInfo( 4, "Syagin Abyss", new ClientVersion( "7.0.0" ),	???, ???, ??? )[/COLOR]
It controls weather or not the client can even choose the Gargoyle race, pick skin/horns/etc, if the custom housing can even select the new tile sets, etc.

Everything else is validation in RunUO. IE the player choose to be body 666(male gargoyle) and the server gives the okay, or players choose use stone stairs 14, RunUO says that's fine(which would require the new tiles to be supported).

With even the numbers fixed you can directly support the gargoyle race since it doesn't use the new items. Just add validation support, support for the flight packet sent (or rigged it to handle via command/gump) and you're pretty much done. Once spells are coded then the other racial bonuses come to use, same with coding a BaseThrownWeapon.