RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New scripting tool.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
:D No problem.

My progress so far...
It loads and saves .cs files as well as other files that can go into note pad.
It has numbered lines.
Search for a word.
Replace a word.
Goto line.
Insert comment.
A clipboard.
Insert credit.
Insert time and date.
Some commands all ready get highlighted.
Adds some command code for you.

I will add online possibiltys to it so those having trouble or those working on the same script can do it together in real time.

Cat

Wanderer
needs Intelisense (otherwise you may as well use the free c# enviorment and create addon/wizards for it to make basic "template" files)

Phantom

Knight
LOL CAT

Whargoul

I think you would have a better chance of making like a template for posting scripts or something then a scripting program.

Because we have #Devleoper and Visual Studio and nothing can beat 3-4 years of work that took to write those.

Atheena

Wanderer
what would be awesome is (ponders as she is looking over all the changes she has to make with her custom scripts folder every upgrade) If someone came up with a little exe file we could just plug into it the script name and folder and what line and changes to make... ahem cat.....

ahem.... all of you that are so great ehehehe.. ummm CAT!!! can we do that?

*bats eyes innocently*

Cat

Wanderer
*blinks* why you asking me?
I bailed on the 3rd party tools world.

I did a UOAM type thing for unencrypted clients and GMTools.

That was enough for me =)

but Whargoul might be able to write that.

But here's what I do Ath,
In VS (or the free c#tool) I create a folder in the project,
Scripts
under that I create another folder Custom
My custom scripts are created there
under the scripts folder I re-create the path for any scripts I edit, (like scripts\misc\datapath.cs etc etc) and add the edited file there.

All I do when I upgrade is copy the scripts directory from my project folder and paste it into the runuo directory, (yes to all to replace files with the same names) and poof, it's done.

You just have to check to see if they changed any of the scripts you edited.

if you can follow all of that,
you're doing well.

Atheena

Wanderer
Cat, I know I am being totally lame... yet, I have to ask this... do you have a link for that tool you reccommended?

I can follow what all you wrote *giggles* but it will take like 30 more rereads before I am comfortable with it eheheheh and then if I have that tool link I will make practice of this magic you reccommend :)

Ahem... this is why I ahemed you ehehehe....

Cat

Wanderer
Atheena said:
Cat, I know I am being totally lame... yet, I have to ask this... do you have a link for that tool you reccommended?

I can follow what all you wrote *giggles* but it will take like 30 more rereads before I am comfortable with it eheheheh and then if I have that tool link I will make practice of this magic you reccommend :)

Ahem... this is why I ahemed you ehehehe....

oh let me ahem you back.

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
color coding of runuo specific word

possibility to test code without starting a server .

Light ( i'mltired to wait 30 sec for my IDE loading ;p )

to be continued

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Color coding I put in place with a few RunUO choice words a couple days ago.

I hope to make the program light and IDE should load fine.

Im not sure if I will add a code tester yet, but it is something I want to implement into it.

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Sorry. I have been dead busy lately working on a shard, 3 web sites, and game. So I put off the scripting tool and UOG search engine. I might give my sources to someone who can finish the projects.

Phantom

Knight
* cough *

I wouldn't mind working on that scripting tool, if you tell me what you had planned might be able to get something out. Although I despise tools like that doesn't mean I won't make one to promote a scripting community I am trying to create :)

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Well, in 2 weeks if I dont find the time I will give the source to someone. I wont post it because I dont want it to be open source.