RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shard!!

scottjr_88

Wanderer
Hello, I am NOT new to Ultima Online, been playing since beta. I have been playing off and on since then but I am wanting to start my own shard and run it myself with the help of some staff members. If ANYONE could help me out with EVERYTHING ill need to do or download to do this, it will be GREATLY appreciated. I am really looking forward to creating my own shard and also looking forward to hiring experienced staff members to make it a successful shard. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from some of you. Thanks!!

Kennyd

Sorceror
Hello, I am NOT new to Ultima Online, been playing since beta.

How could you have been playing since beta if you're only 23 years old.... :rolleyes:
So you were playing UO since you were 9 years old? And your parents didn't mind giving their credit card info to a 9year old?

I somehow find this very hard to believe lol :D

spamnrice

Squire
How could you have been playing since beta if you're only 23 years old.... :rolleyes:
So you were playing UO since you were 9 years old? And your parents didn't mind giving their credit card info to a 9year old?

i started UO young too... so i wouldn't completely discredit him. Besides not everyone puts there real age on here. :p

Kennyd

Sorceror
i started UO young too... so i wouldn't completely discredit him. Besides not everyone puts there real age on here. :p
Yeah young... me too... but 9?
Ok, so I guess he might just be lying about his age that could be it too hehe :p

april0395

Sorceror

I actually started when I was 10, believe it or not. My older brothers showed me how to play. I still have the Renaissance handbook, lol.

Kennyd

Sorceror
Only got the T2A handbook and install disc myself.

still got the map too :D though it's not in great condition anymore :(

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Same here, I played uo since I was very young about 7 I asked my parents for there card they said Ok haha they got pissed when they found out how much I used but oh well.

Kennyd

Sorceror
Well luckily I was 12 when T2A was released, so I had some understanding of how the game worked xD

I really don't see how you can succesfully play the first real MMORPG to be released, when you're 7 years old :eek: I mean I guess you could be interested if you see it in a magazine... but as a kid in that time, when internet was still new and most people had dial-up modems (if they had internet at all) ...I just can't understand how a 7 or 9 year old could have played it xD

But then again, I live in Belgium, so maybe at that time in the US internet was already widely used in the common household... I even knew of americans with broadband during my first yrs of UO while the fastest connection you coud get in belgium was ISDN heh... so maybe it's just a culture differenc.

Nozgo1

Sorceror
In the year 2000, our then 6yr old son had been playing for about 4 months and had a 6x gm fighter on my wifes account. He did not get to play after that because when logging in one time he somehow deleted his moms main character(7x gm tank mage) on Great lakes shard. So yea, it is very possible for someone that young to have played back in the day. He was actually very good at playing UO @ 6yrs old and loved it. He would even chop wood for 30min's just to earn an hour of playing his fighter....lol.
Also, UO was not the first real mmorpg. It was just the first "popular" or widespread one. I may be showing my age here, but calling the internet new in 1997 does show the cultural difference from the US and other places like Belgium. Hell, I recall playing multiplayer Warcraft 2 via internet in 1996.

thorshammer762

Wanderer
ya technically speaking the first MMO game was created in 1987 for the commodore network and was like a sidescrolling fighter or something i was only 2 so i dont remember it well, neverwinter nights came shortly after that also on the commodore64 and fledling AOL network, which is what i started playing in 1993 at 8yrs old, a few years later i'm playing EQ and UO at early teens, but yea kenny its not so much a culture difference as a "who's country owns more technology and when will they let you use it" difference

Also, UO was not the first real mmorpg. It was just the first "popular" or widespread one. I may be showing my age here, but calling the internet new in 1997 does show the cultural difference from the US and other places like Belgium. Hell, I recall playing multiplayer Warcraft 2 via internet in 1996.
widespread is where the "massive" in massively multiplayer comes into play

Tobias

Sorceror

Lol.
I started sharing an account with my brother when I was 8, the only reason I learned english was from playing Ultima Online.
So start believing , infidel!

Kennyd

Sorceror
the first real MMORPG .
I never said the first multiplayer game...

But ok maybe if I had access to it I would've played online games when I was 8 too hehe just don't remember Anything from when I was that young tbh xD