RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wall And Floor Tiles

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
New Wall And Floor Tiles

I can't seem to remember what script I should be looking for to add the new wall and floor tiles.

Can someone refresh my mind and point me in the right direction?..

Joeku

Lord
Add them for what?

Like adding statics (shard building)?

You can use InsideUO for that... you can get it at uo.stratics.com.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
I want to add the new tiles to the house foundation so players can use them when building their custom houses.

Or am I just going to have to break down and buy the 9th Anniversary cd?

the server and the client both have to be running the newest edition to see all that
just the server or just the client will not cut it ;)

snicker7

Sorceror
Actually, all that is required is modifying the ExpansionInfo packet that is sent to the client, and the house placement validation code. I've had it running since the patch.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Something i was going to look at myself but i've gone back to a version 1.0 server core for the moment.

Does anyone know if the core changes could make these new tiles and art work on a v1.0 server with the right edits at all ? If so, point me in the right direction and i'll post all the problems i have doing it :) and once i have it working i'll release the scripts :)

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
Actually, all that is required is modifying the ExpansionInfo packet that is sent to the client, and the house placement validation code. I've had it running since the patch.

How would I go about doing this, Snicker7?

snicker7

Sorceror
create a new class, and put this code in it:
Code:
		public static void Initialize() {
			Server.Network.SupportedFeatures.Value = 0x280; //[s7] 20061025: Adds support for ML and 9th anniversary housing tile sets.
		}

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
snicker7 said:
create a new class, and put this code in it:
Code:
			Server.Network.SupportedFeatures.Value = 0x280; //[s7] 20061025: Adds support for ML and 9th anniversary housing tile sets.
		}
Uh. That was a good idea, and it DOES enable the new walls and stuff. But it also pushes many mobs into using old style place holder artwork (doom bosses are the ones I've noticed.)

Anyone got a better "supportedFeatures" code we can send to the client?

EDIT: OK guess you can ignore this, I tried adding in a totally new expansion declarion using that code, and well, looking at the Packet, it's OR'ing in snicker7's 0x280 to ML's code. :confused: Just have to mess around with it to get the supportedFeatures code right in the ExpansionInfo.

snicker7

Sorceror
nah, probably just have to mask it with that expansion, ill check about the body types. the ML stuff was 0x60 i think, aos is 0x20, the new 9th anniv stuff is 0x200

snicker7

Sorceror
I just checked with that line of code, all the doom bosses look normal to me. I think that you might have something else going on, like nerun's distro or something, I know he plays with that packet. Also, I am running this on 2.0.

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
snicker7 said:
I just checked with that line of code, all the doom bosses look normal to me. I think that you might have something else going on, like nerun's distro or something, I know he plays with that packet. Also, I am running this on 2.0.
Code:
                new ExpansionInfo( 4, "9th Edition"     , new ClientVersion("5.0.0a"),      0x82DF, 0x1A8, 0xE0 )
Seems to work perfect. Just OR'd snicker7's code to the ML code to get that new one. Oddly, in the packet log, that's come out as 0x82FB. I think it's something to do with the 6th character slot, there's some handling for that in the SupportedFeatures packet class.

Also, if you add that, add something in the enum above it (I put 'NE', cuz can't have a number starting a variable name), and modify CurrentExpansion.cs accordingly as well. No problems so far.

Snicker7's method'll work perfectly (and its a lot simpler), but I just like doing things the 'right' way. BTW, file to edit is a core server file (so you gotta recompile your runuo.exe), ExpansionInfo.cs. Snicker7's method doesn't need a core recompile. Both work just as good. :)

snicker7

Sorceror
check /server/network/packets.cs; line 2321 for the supported features packet;

Code:
			int flags = ExpansionInfo.CurrentExpansion.SupportedFeatures;

flags |= m_AdditionalFlags;

m_AdditionalFlags is what my piece of code sets.

InOverMyHead

Sorceror
I guess I'll go and buy the cd. I know nothing about the the server core and I don't want to try anything that I know nothing about.

corbingene01

Wanderer
Ok for the simple minded (me)

snicker7, could ya give a detailed way of doing this?

i am running 2.0, and i don't see the expansioninfo packet. (first time i even looked at em)

snicker7

Sorceror
just make a new file in your scripts directory, call it whatever you want:

NewHousingTiles.cs:
Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class NewHousingTiles
	{
		}
	}
}
that is it.