RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official RunUO Signature Contest

Official RunUO Signature Contest

I've decided that I should start a thread was meant exactly for this... a contest to see who is the best. The cool thing? It never ends, you can constantly challenge the person who's in the lead. :cool:

Rules?
1. Image Size : 400x60 Width/Height
2. No flaming, only use constructive critisism.
3. Must pertain to RunUO and its slogan(s).
4. Why are you still reading? Go make a fsking sig already!

-Storm

Sunshine

Wanderer
Storm33229 said:
I've decided that I should start a thread was meant exactly for this... a contest to see who is the best. The cool thing? It never ends, you can constantly challenge the person who's in the lead. :cool:

Rules?
1. Image Size : 400x60 Width/Height
2. No flaming, only use constructive critisism.
3. Must pertain to RunUO and its slogan(s).
4. Why are you still reading? Go make a fsking sig already!

-Storm

You copy cat....Pouts and did not even say you got the idea from me....

@Sunshine: No I didn't, people did it before you :p
@Rhexis: Because, 60x400 is nice size. Anything bigger is ridiculas.

-Storm

Slayer706

Sorceror
I'm probably gonna post a few, but 60 height isn't a lot to work with... I'd suggest making that bigger. With that height about all you can do is make readable text with a small image or an out of focus background image, basically the kind of sig you have.

Slayer706

Sorceror
I didn't mean to try to hijack the thread. I was just trying to give a suggestion on how to let people be more creative.

Because it doesn't need to be any bigger.
By that logic, all signatures should be no more than 16 height, and about 100 in width because thats how much space it would take to fit a readable name on. They should only be black and white, because it doesn't need color. No images, it doesn't need them. Get where I am going with this? A signature contest isn't about needing anything, its about creativity and design.
I am just saying that 60 pixels high is too tiny to do much besides a small image with a line or two or text. I'll edit this post with my first signature when I finish it.

bzk90

Lord
heres my entry

bzk90

Lord
thanks for the karma joeku, not sure if it was a sarcastic "lol" or what but thanks none the less

A quick explanation on the odd dimension of this piece. Quite simply its the golden rectangle...look it up ;/

The japanese naval flag was used as a base image to create the rays of the piece and the cog image was provided by joeku. The colors are made to match the RunUO forum.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
bzk90 said:
thanks for the karma joeku, not sure if it was a sarcastic "lol" or what but thanks none the less

A quick explanation on the odd dimension of this piece. Quite simply its the golden rectangle...look it up ;/

The japanese naval flag was used as a base image to create the rays of the piece and the cog image was provided by joeku. The colors are made to match the RunUO forum.

umm, just off the top of my head, are you making a reference to PHI?

Slayer706 said:
I didn't mean to try to hijack the thread. I was just trying to give a suggestion on how to let people be more creative.

By that logic, all signatures should be no more than 16 height, and about 100 in width because thats how much space it would take to fit a readable name on. They should only be black and white, because it doesn't need color. No images, it doesn't need them. Get where I am going with this? A signature contest isn't about needing anything, its about creativity and design.
I am just saying that 60 pixels high is too tiny to do much besides a small image with a line or two or text. I'll edit this post with my first signature when I finish it.

IMO... signatures are not supposed to be anything more than a sliver of an image with some lines of text... its a signature not an art gallery. I try to start something that can let people have fun and people gotta be sarcastic dicks about all of it.

-Storm

bzk90

Lord
not body is being a dick, if stating an opinion makes one a "dick" than everybody in the world is a dick. There is no set size for what a signature should be. Lets just submit some signatures...or am i the only one participating