RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Script Tutorial Updated....

Zippy

Razor Creator
Official Script Tutorial Updated....

If you haven't see it already, I have been *slowly* working on "official" tutorials. The firwst two are done and can be found at:

http://www.runuo.com/tutorial/

More to come as time allows.

Nemesis

Wanderer
Those will be so helpful, Ive read what you have so far and it helped to make sense of some things I didn't know before. Ive found up till now, in order to make a script theres a lot of digging around in the classes. I had a difficult time getting used to looking through the class lists and would first have to understand each class before making something. But I think your tutorials will give a lot of people a good start in the right direction. :rolleyes:

Vitus

Wanderer
There is a small mistake in the DeathGate script. In the UseTheGate function.

if ( from.Alive && from.Accesslevel == AccessLevel.Player )

Accesslevel must be spelled with a capital "L".

Nevertheless - thumbs up!

Vitus, Germany :rolleyes:

T

tektus

uh, :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :idea: ;) :rolleyes: :( :oops: :p :x :shock: :? 8) :D :eek: :( :) :D

// it's not commented but understandable

T

tektus

:arrow: Thank you very much but i think it will be easier for us to understand well commented scripts. At least, you can make an intruduction in the beginning of the script to explain what it's purpose and what can be used to. But i should say that you made a great job ! Realy good and organized code, it's easy to modify and improve. Great JOB! :idea:

Zippy

Razor Creator
I don't understand why it would need comments with a tutorial that explains just about every line of code.

S

Skism

Scripts: Compiling...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\deathgate.cs: CS0161: (line 46, column 24) 'Server.
Items.DeathGate.UseTheGate(Server.Mobile)': not all code paths return a value
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile
- Press return to exit

Fury

Wanderer
There is a small mistake in the DeathGate script. In the UseTheGate function.

if ( from.Alive && from.Accesslevel == AccessLevel.Player )

Accesslevel must be spelled with a capital "L".

firesnow

Wanderer
maybe you are updating something, but always when i try to go to the tutorial, it tells me that my account has been banned...

puting scritps into the game

i can get scripts n stuff but i donno how to put then into the game, how do i compress them into Rar files and place them in the script files?

silv3r

Wanderer
I am having the same proplem with the tutorials page

im having the same problem. It says "your account has been banned from this area" or somethig. And from all the replys i have read the tutorials were really good an now i cant get em....i'll have to teach myself, AGAIN! :(

Mantis

Wanderer
Re: I am having the same proplem with the tutorials page

silv3r said:
im having the same problem. It says "your account has been banned from this area" or somethig. And from all the replys i have read the tutorials were really good an now i cant get em....i'll have to teach myself, AGAIN! :(
yes ;(
i have been banned too

Phantom

Knight
Re: I am having the same proplem with the tutorials page

Mantis said:
silv3r said:
yes ;(
i have been banned too

This as been down for 4 months nothing new.