RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWLRT assistance please

jezika

Traveler
starting to get very frustrated. :mad: started with a fresh server, merged the modified files from the newest zip of OWLTR 3.01.00 and I have nothing else in the folder and I get 50+ errors. scrapping that folder and starting over again

daat99

Staff member
I spoke with Hammerhand earlier today in private and we'll try to get a working copy for RunUO 2.3.

I have no idea how long it'll take though :(

jezika

Traveler
oh, well that would be just fantastic! I thought it was updated already. Thanks Daat, Hammerhand was right about you, you are a pretty updstanding guy :D I will be working on my project as it is right now. Thankfully, my husband has a backup of our server on his computer. when we moved it from his to mine he knew I would do something to render it unplayable lol and had a backup :rolleyes: I now have 3 copies of my server in my computer. 1- all fresh original copies, 2- working server for us to piddle with, and 3rd to test stuff out on.

I noticed in the files for the Extensive OWLTR 3 that there were storage items. these are to be storage keys ? I currently am using the Universal Storage Keys for my project. those would replace the need for the Univ.StorageKeys? if so, that will clean up another set of files which would make me happy

Hammerhand

Knight
The MasterStorage system isnt keys, but 1 single backpack system that acts as a gold ledger, token ledger and storage system for storing reagents, tools, ores, woods, leathers, instruments, food, runics, jeweler.... Basically all the keys in one nice, tidy backpack. As for the merged 2.3-OWLTR server, I'll be working on it the next couple days or so. Should have it sometime next week if all goes well.

jezika

Traveler
you guys are just amazing at what you do you know that?! should be interesting once I get the new system in. but now that I have 3 copies of my server on my computer- original files, a running server and a testing one- I hope it goes smoother then last time.
is that the reason why im still having issues with the merged files for creatures with the can fly and aura/breath? or is the aura/breath- chaos dmg error due to im on 7.0.29 for uo just below sa/hs. seems like a trivial question but I do have access to ter mur. I just do not have the ability to use the gargoyles which is fine with me and the kids. they have enough area to explore and play on anyways. :D

Hammerhand

Knight
The CanFly - AuraBreath - chaos dmg errors are more than likely due to a mis-merge in PlayerMobile.cs and/or BaseCreature.cs All it takes is to remove 1 of the lines that have CanFly in it and they'll ALL throw errors afterwards... same with the others. 3 server copies huh? *snickers* I have 6 on my desktop & as of tonight will have 3, maybe 4 on my laptop. Plus 4 different clients. All for coding & testing.. I havent actually played in a couple years. :D (personally I think some around here have more testers than I do....)

jezika

Traveler
The CanFly - AuraBreath - chaos dmg errors are more than likely due to a mis-merge in PlayerMobile.cs and/or BaseCreature.cs All it takes is to remove 1 of the lines that have CanFly in it and they'll ALL throw errors afterwards... same with the others. 3 server copies huh? *snickers* I have 6 on my desktop & as of tonight will have 3, maybe 4 on my laptop. Plus 4 different clients. All for coding & testing.. I havent actually played in a couple years. :D (personally I think some around here have more testers than I do....)

hey for me that's good! lol I went from having 1 to 3 hahaha

jezika

Traveler

as for merging, im still trying to figure out the best way to do that. I do have winmerge but still learning

daat99

Staff member
All thanks should go to Hammerhand, I don't have the time needed to support this and he's really pulling this thing together :)

Hammerhand

Knight
Just sent him a fully merged 2.3 / OWLTR to "play" with. He needs to check an issue with stone mining working properly. So... should be oh... 4-6 weeks for delivery, 6 months for checking things over, then another 2 months to decide if he wants to release it. So should be ready around late January. Or in a week or so. *shrugs*

daat99

Staff member
Just sent him a fully merged 2.3 / OWLTR to "play" with. He needs to check an issue with stone mining working properly. So... should be oh... 4-6 weeks for delivery, 6 months for checking things over, then another 2 months to decide if he wants to release it. So should be ready around late January. Or in a week or so. *shrugs*
Hmm, looks like you've grown to be an optimist.

You're right about January, probably 2020 though.

jezika

Traveler
haha awesome =) maybe you could help me on a different situation now having issues with lag. its weird. when I am in GM/Admin Mode I have no choppiness but the moment I return to player mode im super laggy and choppy. I shouldn't be having issues with lag, my computer is good enough to run uo....and then some. I read on one of the posts that when we build in game they are referred to as static items (?) and these can cause lag. I have added some deco in both facets of britian, portals, a few npc's and I was constructing a dungeon which I am in the process of removing. would this be the reason for my choppiness? the static items? if so, besides removing them, how can I make it so its not laggy

jezika

Traveler
just so its clear, this is solely a lan based server. no one from outside of my household has access to it. I am running runuo 2.3, win 7 with sp3, AMD Phenom IIx3 Black Edition 720 processor 3.31 GHz 16 GB ram on 64 bit OS.