RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OWLTR

daat99

Staff member
Hi,

Recently I was toying with the idea of updating the OWLTR to run on stock RunUO 2.0.0.

Unfortunately I don't have nearly enough time to both update it and test that everything works right.

At this point you may ask yourself (or someone else) "why is he telling us?".

The answer is simple, I would like YOUR help :)

If someone has TONS of patience and is willing to do massive testing then I would like to start working with that person on the upgrade.

I will do the upgrade myself and fix any issues but I'll need that someone to do extensive tests to make sure everything works as expected.

You don't need to know programming (or "scripting" as some of you may call it) but you do need to have a lot of patience and free time to test things thoroughly.

If you are interested and you think you have enough time and patience please let me know :)

Have fun everybody :)

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
i'll help however i can, though most of my freetime is on the weekends and have kids, lol... so once you have a list of names, let me know if i can be of assistance or not and i'll get a clean test shard set up, if you get someone else, that's fine too

good luck with the upgrading :)

daat99

Staff member
I kinda know you're swamped already with other stuff ;)
Thanks a lot for the offer though.

Hammerhand

Knight
HHmmm... I have an almost empty 2.1 tester and an almost empty 2.2 tester and free time when I'm not at work or sleeping and I live alone so no one can hear me cussing at the computer if my patience runs thin and I get bored as I also have no life. Will those qualifications work? :D

milva

Sorceror
Haaa Hammerhand I always enjoy your sense of humor :) He is really good at figuring out
scripts and any problems.

daat99

Staff member
If anyone else wants to do some testing then let me know.

The more testing the better :)

zack0428

Page
I have an i3 second gen 2.4 ghz
16 gig ram
1tb hd in raid 1
100 mbs uplink in a data center going to waste ..

I can host the test shard if you wish .

daat99

Staff member
Thank you for the offer but I don't intend on hosting a public test shard for the OWLTR.

We currently work on finishing some stuff but it looks like it's working (mostly).

Thanks for the offer though.