RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pandora, vista, and custom path

PBPBPB

Wanderer
pandora, vista, and custom path

experimental server on vista 64 bit

UO path: C:\Program Files\UO <(this is a custom path to allow RC2 SVN to find the data - unique necessity to vista)>

when opening Pandora, the following occurs:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'BoxCL, Version=1.1.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at TheBox.Pandora.get_ApplicationDataFolder()
at TheBox.Pandora.get_Log()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

i'm assuming that Pandora is either not compatible with vista or that i need to modify to the custom UO path.

thoughts?

the Box Server in Pandoras does not work unless you find the post about making it work. But a straight download the Box Server doesnt work.. As for Pandoras being compatible with Vista it is. But I have found that if you install Pandoras after Installing the game they conflict.. What I have found that works is that you have to uninstall game then reinstall it... for some reason Pandoras does not read the files from the game if downloaded after the install of the game. And game must be installed from disk not downloaded from the net.. for some reason it does not recognize the download from the net. Serveral of my Gms had this problem. And that is how we fixed it.