RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora's Box 2.0

Arya

Wanderer
Pandora's Box 2.0 (Update May 4)

I have finally released a public build of the next version of Pandora's Box. I'm calling it a public beta, as the program isn't fully finished yet. However what's missing isn't very relevant (graphics, documentation and so on). The aim of this release is of course to locate bugs so please let me know of any issues you might have (use my boards until bugzilla is back).

Since I'm a lazy person I'll copy and paste the description of the new features from my homepage. Please forgive me ;)

I'm not going to write a detailed changelog because it would take me too long, but I'll give a brief listing of the new features and major changes:

• More customization: all the buttons and pre-defined commands can be modified.
  • Better support for custom maps.
  • Advanced files managment: you can now specify where PB should look for any UO file.
  • Support for custom clients
  • Display of spawn groups on the travel map (right click to view the spawn details - requires server generated datafile)
  • New Props section, which gives you access to all the properties of all the objects on your server.
  • Program launcher and Notes sections.
  • Spawn groups (required server side support, see BoxServer below)
  • Built in screenshot utility including a small screenshots manager.
  • Adding custom items or npcs can now be done through datafiles, or manually by right clicking a category tree.
  • Roofing now supports sloped roofs (still need tweaking though)
  • Travel Agent: small utility to edit/create datafiles for travel locations. Should come in handy for users of custom shards. It also supports importing the files used in PB1.
  • PB2 works with profiles, which you can export and import. You can create all the datafiles, customize buttons and commands, define custom locations and so on, then export the profile and distribute it to your staff.

The major new feature is called BoxServer and it's a set of server scripts based on .NET remoting (the same technlogy used by UOArchitect). A detailed readme file for BoxServer is installed, and I suggest everyone who wants to try it reads it. BoxServer is installed through a small utility included in the distribution accessed from the Pandora's Box/Tools menu. Here are some quick facts about it:

• Datafiles generators ([GenBoxData, [GenPropsData, [GenSpawnData - Make sure you remove the GenBoxData script from PB1)
  • Allows to remotely retrieve the datafiles from the server
  • Random tilers: several function to tile and create items chosen from random sets (with support for random hueing as well).
  • Fast roofing
  • When building large structures using box server you can instantly delete the last portion you built, hue it, or move it using a simple control within PB.
  • Script Explorer is a limited download/upload client for RunUO scripts (read the documentation in the BoxServer help if you wish to try this, it needs manual setup to prevent any accidents)
  • If installed, BoxServer allows PB to instantly create predefined spawn groups (when installing you get to choose the spawner your shard uses, currently supporting the default Spawner and XmlSpawner 2)
  • Client listing (both through a list view and through a world map)

I'm planning on expanding the BoxServer features with time, as it's the most exciting part of this new version. It also opens up a lot of possibilities, so I'm looking forward to any feedback and suggestions on this.

I'm expecting a few bugs to surface, so please provide me with all the feedback possible so that I can fix them. Bugs should be reported using Bugzilla. However as it's down at this time, until it's back up I'll accept bug submissions through forums.

In the next weeks I'll work on finishing and go towards a final version, as well as on documentation and a translator helper to allow localizations. I also still have to finalize the default travel locations, and review some tiling in the roofing section.

I still need some graphic help, I'm especially looking for a good looking PB2 banner (see details below, as you can see from the program I already have the icon). If you wish to help please contact me!

As usual, all feedback comments and suggestions are welcome. I hope you all enjoy the new version, it's of course in the download section of http://arya.runuo.com/

XGuardian

Sorceror
i have some error by creating account for orginal UO map and cannot create maps(View)

I receive this when i try to create profile

Pandora's Box - Log
Pandora version 2.0.0.0

29.04.2004 19:05:27
Windows version: 5.1.2600.0
Processor family: Intel Pentium
Physical memory: 1048048

[19:5:27] Profile Beast is generating the images for world map
[19:5:27] **** ERROR ****
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.get_Item(String multype)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.get_Item(String format, Object[] args)
at TheBox.MapViewer.MapViewer.ExtractMap(Maps map, MapScale scale, String FileName)
at TheBox.Options.Profile.GenerateMaps(ProgressBar bar)
Additional information: Couldn't extract images for map 0: map disabled in the profile

Arya

Wanderer
That's due to a very stupid mistake I made. You can temporarily fix it by specifying a custom UO folder when creating the profile. The error itself has already been fixed for the next release.

Arya

Wanderer
On a quick note, I have posted an update containing a number of fixes to issues emerged after the release. It's in the downloads of my website as usual.

Axle

Wanderer
PB 2.0 Beata 2 Refuses to load

Arya said:
On a quick note, I have posted an update containing a number of fixes to issues emerged after the release. It's in the downloads of my website as usual.

PB 2.0 Beata 2 Refuses to load, getting runtime error when I try to start the program. I believe somebody posted the error in the comments section of your website.

Celestria

Wanderer
yeah it will not load for me as well, is it a compatibility issue with windows me?

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Proccess id= 0xfff81cd9 (-516903), Thread id= 0xfff97215 (-429547)

then it says something about a JITdebugger, which is prolly just because I don't have that program.

I hope this helps work out a bug, cause I love pandora's box and I can't spawn my shard without it! :D

Axle

Wanderer
Windows Issue

I believe it is a windows issue in general. I use win2k, a friend of mine uses WinXP. we both get same error.

Arya

Wanderer
It's an issue with Pandora's Box. Unfortunately I'm out of town until next Tuesday and I won't be able to look at it until then.

S

shadeuo

having problems selecting items. mostly specific items, example: In decor mode i select walls it opens then stone1 opens fine next thing i click the fisrt on the list and the selection i just made turns grey instead of it turning blue while doing this i cant use my mouse scroll button but i can "blue" select it by double clicking it. another problem i encountered was and number inputs (number scrolls) is you highlight it and change it via keyboard it does not change the value of output to fix this you need to go up one number and go back one number for it to take effect. this includes spawn #, tileing heights, etc.

ditmar

Wanderer
Very cool program. However i do not want to install it on my server running runuo. How would i go about installing BoxServer without installing pandora on my Server.

Arya

Wanderer
ditmar said:
Very cool program. However i do not want to install it on my server running runuo. How would i go about installing BoxServer without installing pandora on my Server.

I assume you have Pandora's Box installed on another machine, go to the installation folder and copy the files BoxServerSetup.exe and TSWizard.dll to the server machine. That's all you need to install the scripts. Otherwise, simply install and uninstall PB2. If you don't run PB2 but only the BoxServer setup, it will not create any additional files and uninstall will remove everything it created.

Eri

Wanderer
Pandora's Box don't have a lot of items and mobiles inside. Can I somehow put things and comands from RunUO 1.0 RCO to Pandora'x Box?

Arya

Wanderer
Actually it does have all the constructables items and mobiles that come with 1.0 RC0. If you want to add your custom items/npcs read the BoxServer readme. You need to install a script on the server that will then generate the datafiles.

TheTwilight

Wanderer
:/

Eri said:
Pandora's Box don't have a lot of items and mobiles inside. Can I somehow put things and comands from RunUO 1.0 RCO to Pandora'x Box?

This Pandora crashes me and mem leaks alot. :*( I want the old version back :( :(

Darkblade

Wanderer
Problem :(

System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed.
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_ProcessName()
at TheBox.Pandora.get_ExistingInstance()
at TheBox.Pandora.Main(String[] args)

This problem i getting if i am loading

Crowley62

Sorceror
HI I love Pandoras box make life so much easier but for some reason my send button doesn't work.I have version 2.0.0.4 is there a patch or fix for this thx

Sidious

Wanderer
Okay, everytime I try to make a profile on The pandoras box (new one) I get a bunch of errors right at the end all having to do with .dll files, and help anyone? :(

Talrol

Wanderer
Crowley62 said:
HI I love Pandoras box make life so much easier but for some reason my send button doesn't work.I have version 2.0.0.4 is there a patch or fix for this thx
Arya said:
I think it's a mistake I made in the default command setting. Go to Options->Commands. In the Treval section find send and change its value to:

Set Location ({x},{y},{z})

Found that in another post, I was looking for the same thing :)