RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandoras box 3.0.0.2 on Windows 7

pianocop13

Wanderer

I have been trying to get Pandoras box to run. I am running Windows 7. I got it working, but after setting up the install, now whenever I open it, the program seems to disappear. I have searched the forums for over a day now looking for a solution.

I have completely uninstalled, and reinstalled PB, and I have searched all my hidden files, but apparently I can not find out where the file is I originally created because everytime I fresh reinstall I get the same thing. It starts fine, and then disappears.

Can anyone either direct me to the correct answer post if it has been made, or please advise me what to do next.

I have figured scripting out for my Runuo pretty good, but this whole world building I have had nothing but problems. I am about to commit Runuo suicide and scrap my whole attempt. I'm so frustrated.

Thank you in advance.

pianocop13

Wanderer
That is the version I downloaded. I don't know what the deal is. I finally got UO Architect to work, and am playing with it a bit. But I'd love to find a good tutorial.

Killertofu

Wanderer
It seems to have a problem with the registry. I have UO installed in a custom path and not the default path. This version worked once and now when loaded it dose not run the GUI BUT it is still in the task manager under the processes tab.

It would not find the UO install directory and when i pointed it to the directory it would not load the map files but it still started up ONCE (read above). However UO Connect did find the UO directory automatically without a problem.

Lady Aradea

Sorceror
Pandora's Box Disapearing

Killertufu,

I too have Windows 7 OS and had the same problem. But, be relieved, the answer is a simple one. Find your Pandora's install folder. Open it and find the Pandora.exe, right click on it and make a shortcut. Cut and paste it to your desktop. When you have it on your desktop, Right click the icon, go to the Properties Tab. Open your Compatability Tab and check mark the Privilege Level to: Run this program as an Administrator. Under COMPATIBILITY MODE choose from the drop down menu "Run this program in Compatibility mode for : Windows Vista (service pack 2). Then use the Apply button.

Go to your Security Tab. Here is where you can look and check to make sure the Permissions are set. You should have under Allow a check mark by: Full control, Modify, Read & Execute, Read, Write.

I have found that anytime this type of problem crops up, I check this ASAP, and it usually fixes the problem.

Now something a lot of folks don't know. Do not worry about the Travel Agent.exe you don't really need it.
DO NOT try to set up the Box Server!! You don't need it and it will only cause you more headaches and problems. Pandora's will run OFFLINE and work just fine in the game window. :) Take it from someone who has used this program since it first came out :) Good luck to you and this should fix your problem.

Killertofu

Wanderer
Lady Aradea,

I have tried do this and a few other tricks but it still will not load.... It bring up the splash loading screen but it only gets as far as the "loading graphics" and it goes away.

Lady Aradea

Sorceror

pianocop13, sorry for your frustration... know the feeling well :p hehehe... I need a few ?s answered if you would be so kind :) Did you follow my instructions in my post? Is your install of UO NOT in it's default location (C drive /program files is the default location for UO install) Pandora's Box also auto installs to C drive/program files. You should be able to find it there. If it's NOT there check your Users file on your C drive.

I have 9 copies of PB3 on my laptop and I am running Windows 7 OS. I found that I had to give it permissons under the compatability mode, which I gave instructions on in my other post :) Did you get to create a profile at all? Have you checked in your Hidden Icon area on your Start Bar to see if it is there? Unless you have it set to run ON your start bar it might auto hide in that location.

Try putting a compleat copy of UO in its default possition in C/Program Files and see if PB3 will find it and open past the splash screen ( I just copy and paste from the 'shard' copy I'll want it to find). IF it does.. there are 2 gems in the left hand corner of the box. The 2nd gem is square with a round "gem" in it. Click on it, you will get a drop down menu. Choose OPTIONS on the menu and left click. This is the Configuration Panel. Choose Always on Top & Show in Taskbar, set the opacity to the far right on the slider bar. Each of my PB3's has its own unique 'shard' to read from. Where it says Ultima Online Folder---Default--- is where you can now point your PB3 to read from. Check mark all other items on this page EXCEPT the Change Background color.

Now go to the Map tab. Make sure ALL the maps are checkmarked. Server Tab---IGNORE IT!!
Advanced tab---I don't personaly bother with check marking the Show Custom Deco Section. Your custom items will show up in your [add menu when you add them into game, so I don't see a reason to use it in PB3. For you maps to generate you must have the Region/Online/Global checkmarked... the rest should be un-check marked. I start my PB3 on the Deco tab which you can choose from the drop down menu on the right side of PB.

UO File Managment--this is where you can set WHERE PB3 will look for your UO files. Set it to look where ever you have your UO files at. In the 'selected file' line I have mine set to "label 1" Where ever you set it to look for your UO files you need to make SURE that you see a listing on the left of the UO Files Mangagement side that lists your Map.mul, stadix.mul, hues.mul, radarcol.mul etc.

Command tab-- this is where you can set your own command lines up. I prefer to use the default so I don't confuse myself :p Using the default in game commands looks like this: [add item 1234 or [dupe 5 (click on item to dupe). Basicly what this tab does is allow you to SEE how the command lines should be typed in game window mode.

Profiles tab-- Current Profile should read your Name or Char. name. Your default Profile should also show up in the Profiles listings. I am assuming your native launguage is English, so set launguage to English from the drop down menu.

I am assuming that you want to use PB3 to world build. There is another program that is not being maintained any longer, which is a bit of a shame, but it is still VERY useful for world building. It is called Inside UO. You should be able to still download it here: http://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/insideuo/index.shtml

It is a pretty awsome and easy to use tool for UO. It contains Animation files, hue files, Art files and much more. Please remember it is NOT being maintained any longer :( so it is NOT up to date with the current client patching from EA. It does give you the hex decimal AND Item ID numbers for ALL items, maps, animations, etc. Remember when using it that for in game you want the ITEM ID number NOT the hex decimal (which I understand is more fully used in scripting) however the sound ID numbers are off by about 5 up or down (just a heads up there). I have world built with Inside UO many times in 16 years of OUing :p so I know it can be done. This will at least give you another tool to add to your fun! *Grins* If I can be of any further help please feel free to msg me. Good luck and remember frustration comes with the UO world... it is as natural as breathing! LOL

Lady Aradea

Sorceror
Lady Aradea,

I have tried do this and a few other tricks but it still will not load.... It bring up the splash loading screen but it only gets as far as the "loading graphics" and it goes away.

Killertofu sorry this is causing you problems. Please check my post to pianocop13 further down the thread. Maybe it will give you a fresh outlook. If you can answer some of the questions I put to pianocop13, perhaps I can be of further assistance.

Lady Aradea

Sorceror
We have updated Pandoras Box 3
At Google Code
Have you tried that version?

And there is the Official Pandoras Box 3 Post
I have subscripted that post, so I will notice any questions, or use the issue tracker on the link above.

Quick_silver, just wanted to say THANK YOU to you and your team for updating and maintaing this wonderful tool for Ultima Online. I have been using it in its various forms since year 2 of free sharding and it has always been a great tool. World building is much easier with it. Now if we could just get some one to update InSide UO too :p LOL *rolls eyes but cross her toes*

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Hey guys, iv'e been trying to get Pandora to run on my computer for several days now. Im running Windows 7 like the people above and when i try to point Pandora to my client i get an error screen. Now im using Razor for my client. Would that be messing with it?

Grishord

Squire
What did you do to make that go away Apoc?

Edit: Nevermind, just make it run as Admin for anyone else having this problem.

Lady Aradea,

THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH WINDOWS 7 ISSUES WHERE THE SPLASH SCREEN IS STUCK ON "LOADING..." OR DISSAPEARS!
The problem is newer client installs do not add the reg key that pandora searches for.

If you run this registry file I've included, you'll provide the key pandora needs and it will start... Took me a while to figure this out, and I greatly hope it helps...

Download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/31mfqcdw26ey05q/X_pLuFGgxU/FixPB3Load.reg

or as the attachment to this post. Run it then try running PB3 again... You may still have to select your UO path if it's not perfectly the same as mine, but at least you'll be able to.

THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH WINDOWS 7 ISSUES WHERE THE SPLASH SCREEN IS STUCK ON "LOADING..." OR DISSAPEARS!

Attachments

• FixPB3Load.rar
    287 bytes · Views: 143

Surrealitis

Traveler
Idk if im having the same issue but I've tried all the above. I start Pandora, create a profile, but then an error comes up saying either a registry is corrupted cause it can't find the client location. So whenever I manually browse for it (auto doesn't work) and click on the correct client folder, it tells me I've chosen the wrong folder. :mad: Anyone have any ideas?

Safera

Page
I know this is a small feat for most of you, but I'm a little proud of myself for figuring this one out.

If you are getting the aforementioned error after trying to select your own folder and Pandora's Box is saying:

"you selected the wrong folder"...and
"impossible to load .mul files"

Pandora's Box is looking for a file named client.exe in that folder, so if you renamed yours, rename it back or make a copy of it and name it "client.exe" and then restart Pandora's Box.

This should solve your problem.

Re: http://code.google.com/p/pandorasbox3/source/browse/trunk/BoxCommonLibrary/MulManager.cs?r=101