RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PendingCap in SendQueue.cs

kegmeister

Sorceror
PendingCap in SendQueue.cs

I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

On occasion i'm running into the CapacityExceededException ("Too much data pending, disconnecting..." shows up in the console) when i either log on or recall in a location with a lot of items. I can alleviate this problem by raising the PendingCap constant in SendQueue.cs, but i want to make sure i don't hurt anything. I would probably double the cap, is there a problem with doing so? Is the constant arbitrarily defined or is there some calculation used to optimize it?

Mark

Knight
kegmeister;815395 said:
I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

On occasion i'm running into the CapacityExceededException ("Too much data pending, disconnecting..." shows up in the console) when i either log on or recall in a location with a lot of items. I can alleviate this problem by raising the PendingCap constant in SendQueue.cs, but i want to make sure i don't hurt anything. I would probably double the cap, is there a problem with doing so? Is the constant arbitrarily defined or is there some calculation used to optimize it?

There is logic behind that value, but it is still somewhat arbitrary.

The maximum packet size is 65K and worst case compression is 11/8 ~ 89K. 96K seems to be a solid point.

You can safely raise this constant, but I wouldn't make it excessively large. You should stay with multiples of 512, as that is the size of each coalesce buffer.

Doubling this value should not cause any problems.

is the client the one disconnecting or the server disconnecting?

reason is i get players that this happens to, and was wondering if this might fix it

arul

Sorceror
If the socket is dormant (unable to send/recv but not necessirly) the pending data can quickly build up if your player is in a crowded area. Have your players send you some specifications (in-game location, time, client version) when this happens.

kegmeister

Sorceror
Mark, thanks for the information, i'll double the constant on my server.

Greywolf, if you see the error message then you know you have this problem.

Arul, i'm not sure what you're saying. If a player sends me that information, what can i do to alleviate the problem? I can't repair their network or pc; is there something else i could be doing? The situation i'm running into typically occurs upon login when the server tries to send data for ~10,000 items.