RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Player Languages 0.4

No permission to download

m309

Squire
The files are updated every time the author releases an update, so you just download once for the current version.

ViWinfii

Sorceror
The latest update is all you want to use. The original file is not needed. Same is true for any other script package.

Edit: Woops I didn't see your reply m309. :)

Hello, there is a issue that when i have someone that speak my language and another guy in range that don't speak the same language as both of us, we can't see what we say, and the one who don't speak see it in runics. Have you realize that?

Enroq

Sorceror
Unfortunately, the only testing I did was with two different people. Could you please re-state your problem, or maybe even show me? I don't fully understand the problem.

I have found a way to fix that. But it will duplicate the message when you talk alone or with a player who speak your language. (it's because i don't know which method to use to call the default speech).

Below:
Code:
                      if (listener.LevelofUnderstanding[(int)player.CurrentLanguage] < Utility.RandomMinMax(90, 100))
                        {
                            args.Blocked = true;
                            listener.Send(new AsciiMessage(player.Serial, -1, MessageType.Regular, FontHue[(int)player.CurrentLanguage], 8, "Runes", playerSpeech.ToUpper()));
                            player.RevealingAction();

if (Utility.RandomDouble() <= 0.10)
                            {
                                listener.LevelofUnderstanding[(int)player.CurrentLanguage] += 1;
                            }
                        }
ADD:
Code:
                        else
                        {
                            listener.Send(new UnicodeMessage(player.Serial, -1, MessageType.Regular, 83, 3, "", "", playerSpeech));
                        }

Enroq

Sorceror
Is there anyway I could see what's going on in the game? Honestly, that's really what I need to make things right most of the times.

Basically what happen is that when you speak with someone who don't speak the same language with you, you didn't see what you said. And it extends to a third person that can speak the same language that you speak. This third person will not see what spoke either, just like you. So to fix that i just added an else like in the last image. The third and fourth images is the example of that "fixed". If you know someway better than I did just let me know.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrfl4nepftkibem/1bjJZ_F4ok#/

Enroq

Sorceror
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I just didn't have the time. Thanks for pointing this out, I'll get on it.

Alright, this should take care of your duplicates. It will however force a font upon players, which is probably not the best way to go about it. However, I don't have the time to invest in testing or further investigation right now.

Anyway, thanks for your contributions, Henrique.

Code:
                        else
                        {
                            args.Blocked = true;
                            listener.Send(new UnicodeMessage(player.Serial, -1, MessageType.Regular, player.SpeechHue, 3, "", "normal", playerSpeech));
                            player.RevealingAction();
                        }[/CODE

You could maybe simply even further to just
Code:
 else args.Blocked = false;