RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Player Vendor Tile 0.0.2

No permission to download

Bittiez

Sorceror
Bittiez submitted a new resource:

Player Vendor Tile (version 0.0.1) - Allow placing vendors on these tiles, anywhere in the world.

Note: This requires edits to be placed in another script file.

Do you have or want a public area for player vendors? Now you can have one that is completely player ran.

All you have to do is place these tiles anywhere you wish to allow a player to place a vendor, and the place can place the their vendor there!

Now lets get started shall we?

Step 1.
Place the downloaded file into your /Customs/ folder....

Read more about this resource...

Pakko

Traveler
Ok, i have added this to my server, though it seems after i edit playervendor.cs it allows players to add vendors any where in shard not jus on the tiles themself, i was wondering what is the use for the tiles and how could i make it so the players could only use the tiles i have added in special vendor spots :) sorry if have misunderstood i have lookd all over the thread to find more of a description buit i cant seem to locate.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Ok, i have added this to my server, though it seems after i edit playervendor.cs it allows players to add vendors any where in shard not jus on the tiles themself, i was wondering what is the use for the tiles and how could i make it so the players could only use the tiles i have added in special vendor spots :) sorry if have misunderstood i have lookd all over the thread to find more of a description buit i cant seem to locate.
If done properly, this only allows them to place in houses or on the vendor tiles throughout the world, get a new copy of playervendor.cs and try again =/

Pakko

Traveler
Im sorry, i have read the OP many times and have made the edits to PlayerVendorDeed.cs and also tried a new copy of this script and re- applied the only edits mentioned in your OP. If im missing something like an original release that comes with PlayerVendor.cs Edits i would be happy to be fowarded to its location apart from that i see no edits needed from your OP that consider PlaeyerVendor.cs? i really like this idea but can place vendors any where in world what edits are needed to PlayerVendor.cs?

Bittiez

Sorceror
Im sorry, i have read the OP many times and have made the edits to PlayerVendorDeed.cs and also tried a new copy of this script and re- applied the only edits mentioned in your OP. If im missing something like an original release that comes with PlayerVendor.cs Edits i would be happy to be fowarded to its location apart from that i see no edits needed from your OP that consider PlaeyerVendor.cs? i really like this idea but can place vendors any where in world what edits are needed to PlayerVendor.cs?
Sorry, I meant PlayerVendorDeed, please post your playervendordeed?

Pakko

Traveler
ok it works to a point here is where im at bro? It works well though it seems you can be within 5 or so tiles away from the actual tile and it will still place the vendor :) ty for your assistance ..

Attachments

• PlayerVendorDeed.cs
    4.4 KB · Views: 14

Pakko

Traveler
Is this correct, how would i change it from where it only adds the vendor if a tile is clicked :)

aarony14

Traveler
I'm getting a similar issue, can place a vendor 2 tiles west, east or south of the vendor tile as well as on the tile itself. Just can't place any north of the tile.

I can also place the vendor off the designated vendortile (yes I'm using player access level)
I only followed your instructions, I've not changed any house, world, or vendorcontract scripts previously.

Here is a screen shot of the entire square area i am able to place player vendors.
I hued the vendortile Neon Blue.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ag2f12&s=5

It seems to be a 16x16 square area and is not centered around the vendortile.

Bittiez

Sorceror
I'm getting a similar issue, can place a vendor 2 tiles west, east or south of the vendor tile as well as on the tile itself. Just can't place any north of the tile.
I can also place the vendor off the designated vendortile (yes I'm using player access level)
I only followed your instructions, I've not changed any house, world, or vendorcontract scripts previously.

Here is a screen shot of the entire square area i am able to place player vendors.
I hued the vendortile Neon Blue.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ag2f12&s=5

It seems to be a 16x16 square area and is not centered around the vendortile.

Sadly, I have no idea why it's doing this, I'm assuming it has something to do with trying to find items at a players location.

You might check out this one and the codes used, was also a vendor tile mall with an Addon for the mall http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/2-0-rc1-vendor-tile-mall.86957/#post-742022

I looked at how he did it, it looks like he completely replaced the original vendor deeds with a new custom version.

I believe I have fixed the issue in the original post(No need for re-download)

Change the part of the script you had to add in to this or just re-follow the instruction on the main page:

C#:
            #region VendorTile
            Sector sector = from.Map.GetSector(from.Location);
            foreach (Item i in sector.Items)
            {
                if (i is VendorTile && i.Location.X == from.Location.X && i.Location.Y == from.Location.Y)
                {
                    Mobile v = new PlayerVendor(from, house);

v.Direction = from.Direction & Direction.Mask;
                    v.MoveToWorld(from.Location, from.Map);

v.SayTo(from, 503246); // Ah! it feels good to be working again.

this.Delete();
                    return;
                }
            }
            #endregion

tindo

Sorceror
Hey, love this script. I made one minor change in your edit to the PlayerVendorDeed to prevent players from stacking several vendors on the same tile. Thought I would post it in case you want to incorporate it. Keep up the good work!

Code:
#region VendorTile
                Sector sector = from.Map.GetSector(from.Location);

foreach (Mobile i in sector.Mobiles)
                {
                    if (i is PlayerVendor && i.Location.X == from.Location.X && i.Location.Y == from.Location.Y)
                    {
                        from.SendMessage("There is already a vendor in this spot!");
                        return;
                    }
                }

foreach (Item i in sector.Items)
                {
                    if (i is VendorTile && i.Location.X == from.Location.X && i.Location.Y == from.Location.Y)
                    {
                        Mobile v = new PlayerVendor(from, house);

v.Direction = from.Direction & Direction.Mask;
                        v.MoveToWorld(from.Location, from.Map);

v.SayTo(from, 503246); // Ah! it feels good to be working again.

this.Delete();
                        return;
                    }
                }
                #endregion