RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlayUO without pixel shader 2.0

fickletrick

Sorceror
PlayUO without pixel shader 2.0

I'm hoping krrios or someone of similar knowledge can help me with this one. I have a radeon 9200 (pixel shader 1.4) and as mentioned in the sallos guide, having less than pixel shader 2.0 basically turns all hues to grey. I can't differentiate an orange from a grey from a red from a blue. However, I found a program called 3d-Analyzer that's designed to allow you to run games that require shader 2.0 by offering you shader emulation, among other more advanced video card features. The problem is I can't figure out if there's any way to use it with sallos. In version 2.26 of the program you can choose a launch program (sallos for example) in addition to routing it to the specific game you are playing. However I have no idea how to set it up properly, without knowing which exact settings to emulate, and not being able to access the client executable that sallos uses to run UO. Can anyone computer saavy try to offer any advice for this program? 3d-Analyzer 2.26 is the program. Thanks for any ideas in advance. I'll do my best to keep information updated in this thread. Good luck to everyone that is hoping to use sallos effectively without pixel shader 2.0. I can already tell, it's a superb UO tool. Adios.

fickletrick;773016 said:
I'm hoping krrios or someone of similar knowledge can help me with this one. I have a radeon 9200 (pixel shader 1.4) and as mentioned in the sallos guide, having less than pixel shader 2.0 basically turns all hues to grey. I can't differentiate an orange from a grey from a red from a blue. However, I found a program called 3d-Analyzer that's designed to allow you to run games that require shader 2.0 by offering you shader emulation, among other more advanced video card features. The problem is I can't figure out if there's any way to use it with sallos. In version 2.26 of the program you can choose a launch program (sallos for example) in addition to routing it to the specific game you are playing. However I have no idea how to set it up properly, without knowing which exact settings to emulate, and not being able to access the client executable that sallos uses to run UO. Can anyone computer saavy try to offer any advice for this program? 3d-Analyzer 2.26 is the program. Thanks for any ideas in advance. I'll do my best to keep information updated in this thread. Good luck to everyone that is hoping to use sallos effectively without pixel shader 2.0. I can already tell, it's a superb UO tool. Adios.

Why not buy a ATI Radeon 9600 it costs like 10$? (+5 for fast shipping)

I'm gonna have to second that. Get a new card. Having a card without ps 2.0 in this day and age is like havign a car without air conditioning. According to wiki, GeForce FX (5) series and up and Radeon 9500 and above have it.

If you have some money, and want to avoid being in this situation again, get a modern card with version 4.0.