RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me, I am Dumb

Please help me, I am Dumb

Hey guys, I am a new poster on this forum, I just installed razor on my computer and when I load it it starts up no problem, then i try to log on to UO and it gets to the verifiying account and just sits. If I log in through UOGateway without razor started, it works no problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this?

Phantom

Knight
harrydrake420 said:
Hey guys, I am a new poster on this forum, I just installed razor on my computer and when I load it it starts up no problem, then i try to log on to UO and it gets to the verifiying account and just sits. If I log in through UOGateway without razor started, it works no problem. Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this?

Could be alot of things, just use UO Gateway.

I can't start razor once i have started UO through gateway. And if I go to the settings on UOGateway and turn razor on it starts with razor and does the same thing where it freezes at verifiying account.

I bet you anything he opened up razor and just tried to connect to the server (which by default tries to connect to OSI) and had patch client encryption checked which would produce these errors, as OSI doesn't accept encrypted clients. Fix: change your settings in UOGateway to use razor and connect through UOGateway.

Ok, I am really happy you guys are helping me, but like I said, razor doesn't work when turned on with gateway, it doesn't work when I just start it. It runs no problem, its just once i get to verifying account, it freezes. Both started through gateway, and through just razor. I have it set to connect to UOHybrid. I do have that ecpytion box checked... should I not? It was my understanding that if you wern't connecting to accual OSI that you should have that checked...

Phantom

Knight
harrydrake420 said:
Ok, I am really happy you guys are helping me, but like I said, razor doesn't work when turned on with gateway, it doesn't work when I just start it. It runs no problem, its just once i get to verifying account, it freezes. Both started through gateway, and through just razor. I have it set to connect to UOHybrid. I do have that ecpytion box checked... should I not? It was my understanding that if you wern't connecting to accual OSI that you should have that checked...

Why would you enabled encryption....There is no RunUO shard that supports it.

Can anyone else out there give me some kind of heads up as to what I am doing wrong? I have the latest version of razor. I have had razor working on my computer before, I just fresh formated. I got the .net, do I have to patch in to OSI uo or something?

stormwolff

Knight
harrydrake420 said:
Can anyone else out there give me some kind of heads up as to what I am doing wrong? I have the latest version of razor. I have had razor working on my computer before, I just fresh formated. I got the .net, do I have to patch in to OSI uo or something?

What version of the uo client are you using?

Hmm... I am not to sure, I used the UO Ages of shadow 15 day trial to get UO. I havn't ever patched since I downloaded, but like I said it works without razor on. UO works no problem without razor, its just once I try to use razor that I freeze at verifying account.

brandon948

Wanderer
neverthought said:
First of all, Phantom is a dick who thinks he is smarter than everyone else on here, yet he can't spell the word "you're" correctly, which is something we learn in 4th grade.

First of all, even though Phantom and I do not get along all that well, I don't think it's ever resorted to name calling. And as important as good literacy and grammar is to me, it's not uncommon for ME to even use "your" or "ur" when I'm typing. Also, I believe we learn around kindergarten name calling is bad. Go sit in time out.

As for the poster, do this and make sure it's correct;

a) open up UOGateway.
b) click on the settings tab.
c) Look for Razor and make sure it is set to "yes."

If that's not it, then I have no clue.