RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please remove the background macro loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggit

Wanderer
fraterx said:
how does that prove that EA gets a portion of tugsoft's profits? i also think you're wrong
It doesn't prove it, but I have read that somewhere... but thats not the point.
What it does show is that EA supports UOA wich was my original point.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Don't be a fool about what Razor can/can't do now. There are many other programs that are readily accessible that can do these things and FAR more. Many of them just require the ability to script (yeah, so what, I'm pointing fingers at EasyUO). I can script ANYTHING with EasyUO, as can many others. This has just leveled that playing field a hell of alot more. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you cry because others have an unfair advantage because of it... welcome to the real world, someone is always going to unbalance it. Quite honestly, this just gives me more ideas to re-level it with my RUO scripting, why don't you try the same?

Tannis

Knight
Kadull said:
if he makes it for us, then im sure he wants to hear our views on it, and if hes making it just for himself to see what hes capable of and doesnt care what we think or how his creation affects other peoples game play... well then screw him (again, only if thats the case... which i doubt it is).

everyone just needs to sit back and ask themselves "what is TOO automated"... and i myself, and obviously many others, feel this is that line.
And I think Zippy also has his own idea of "the line". There's been many times when users request this or that feature, and Zippy flat out says no. Why? Because it's too automated. Like I said, criticism is great...when it's constructive. It would have been a lot different had someone said "I'm not sure I like this new feature. IMO, it's a little too automatic for me." Great. Fine. Constructive. Don't use that feature. Coming on here and starting a thread on how "lame" Razor is becoming is not constructive. It's negative. Like Lysdexic said, there's other programs that have the ability to do WAY more. Like EasyUO. It's also a very very easy language to learn. You can have an EasyUO script do everything for you. Forget about "point and click". You can just sit back and watch it kill for you, loot for you, heal for you, and when you get too much gold on you, recall to the bank for you. And that's something shard owners can do nothing about.

Eggit

Wanderer
Why are people so hung up on the word lame anyways, the rest of my post was respectful i could hav ecome in here gung ho and started flaming in the first post.

Sleepy Char said:
Razor allows you to do a lot of things. Which of those things is "lame" is a matter of opinion. Restricting Razor's abilities because they could potentially be used to do something that you think is "lame" is silly.
Lame is no worse than calling me silly.

Lame is even good word, lame is another word for handicaped, and this kind of feature acts to help handicaped or incapable players. I think it would be fair to call anyone who uses this feature for background scripts to be "lame"

Easy UO already exsist as you mention, we don't need another. Many shards already ban it's use.

Tannis

Knight
Eggit said:
Why are people so hung up on the word lame anyways, the rest of my post was respectful i could hav ecome in here gung ho and started flaming in the first post.

Lame is no worse than calling me silly.

Lame is even good word, lame is another word for handicaped, and this kind of feature acts to help handicaped or incapable players. I think it would be fair to call anyone who uses this feature for background scripts to be "lame"

Easy UO already exsist as you mention, we don't need another. Many shards already ban it's use.
Sure, many shards might tell you EasyUO is banned. How do they know you're using it? They don't. Unless you go AFK for 10 hours and keep on hunting or mining or doing whatever the whole time and don't answer when someone talks to you. My point was that calling something a name or in general putting it down isn't a nice way to voice your opinion. Some people don't like it, and some do. If you choose not to use that feature and someone else does use it, then you can just think of yourself as the better person for not letting Razor do a few additional things for you.

tophyr

Wanderer
Tannis said:
Sure, many shards might tell you EasyUO is banned. How do they know you're using it? They don't. Unless you go AFK for 10 hours and keep on hunting or mining or doing whatever the whole time and don't answer when someone talks to you.

That doesn't matter. Whether you get caught or not, its... still... cheating.

Like I said in my Optional ID Packet thread, the shard administrators determine what is and what is not cheating on their shard. If Razor allows a player to circumvent the rules, then it is a cheat tool. Whether or not there are already programs out there that do the same thing is absolutely irrelevant - if I start dealing drugs, even though there are six other guys on the block who do the exact same thing, I'm still a criminal.

Eggit

Wanderer
tophyr is exactly correct
However I would like to add that razor an easy UO can both be detected by looking for certain actions and patterns it's not fullproof and it's not exactly easy but it can be done.

Tannis

Knight
tophyr said:
That doesn't matter. Whether you get caught or not, its... still... cheating.

Like I said in my Optional ID Packet thread, the shard administrators determine what is and what is not cheating on their shard. If Razor allows a player to circumvent the rules, then it is a cheat tool. Whether or not there are already programs out there that do the same thing is absolutely irrelevant - if I start dealing drugs, even though there are six other guys on the block who do the exact same thing, I'm still a criminal.
You may see it as cheating. Others may not. It's a matter of opinion. Dealing drugs is a criminal activity period. No two ways about it. My point is, this is something Zippy works hard on. There's a difference between being rude and stating your opinion in a nice way. I've had my say, so have fun with the rest of the discussion :D

Irian

Page
It has been discussed and Zippy will do whatever he feels fit. Personally I regret, but I have to say: Razor is a cheating tool, because it allows you to break the rules of some shards automatically. Probably Razor was never MEANT as a cheating tool, but enthusiasm can make you do things and don't let you recognize where it leads to.

But as I said: Noone can forbid Zippy anything and as a coder and UO-Player I have to admit, that it's a very fine tool, even if many of it's features not apropriate for the "style" of our shard. I told Zippy what I think would be best and I don't see any advantage in bugging Zippy any further. He will do what he feels fit.

Varka

Wanderer
I'd cast my vote in favor of this not being added. I feel it's not appropriate for Razor, and falls into the same category as autolooting.

Varka

Zippy

Razor Creator
You realize that you can have a macro play other macros? It would be quite easy to have my cure macro just run that old background macro again when it is through.

You guys are making a HUGE deal out of litterally nothing. This feature is not even that useful. Its not auto loot. It doesn't screw over anyone. You can do the exact same thing with Beta 28, it just takes a little more setup work (but no extra effort while playing).

Do people even make that huge of a use of macros while PvPing? Most of the things related to PvP (target hotkeys, dress/undress, potions, even bandages) do not have anything to do with the macro system and thusly have nothing to do with this addition.

The point is that whenever you give users power to do something they are going to do whatever they want with it. I can only control so much... no matter how much I want something to be used constructively if its possible, people will use it for something that you don't want them to.

I realize that none of you can see the razor source but it is LITTERED with checks and stuff SPECIFICALLY to disallow people from doing certain things which could lead to cheating. Razor doesn't allow you to "restock" from corpses. It doesn't allow you to drag thigns from your bank (because of the potential for it to be accessed when you're not near a banker), and TONS of other things put in there just for you. So lay off, FFS.

Besides, the feature this is about is already in. There's nothing anyone can do about it now, there is no way to remove features. People will just use old versions. Still, if it makes you feel better... I'll remove it. Yay, you win. Now what else do you want to berate me about? Want to come to my house and scream directly in my face?

Eggit

Wanderer
"I'll remove it. Yay, you win. Now what else do you want to berate me about? Want to come to my house and scream directly in my face?"
That was un called for.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Razor is NOT a cheat tool until a shard decides to not allow the use of it, then and only then is it a cheat tool to that shard and that shard alone.

If your shard allows it and you don't like that, go somewhere else or start your own damn shard (p.s. Don't come here crying that you can't script and want RunUO to be changed exactly to your specifications... which is exactly what you're doing with Razor).

Last, but not least, since when in hell is your (and I'm directing this at all of the complainers thus far) opinions more important than the other people who use this program? Far more Razor users want these features than those who don't want them, so once again, if you don't like it, DON'T USE IT!

WarAngel

Wanderer
And yet you still try to drag this conversation on so you can flame, or do something else that is utterly useless. I'm done posting here. Hopefully so is everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.