RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please remove the background macro loops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is his choice, however, if he wants to see the number of shards allowing his software plummet and his popularity with it, I suggest he re-consider. It is unlikely that Razor will be openly acceptable in player-run shards given the functionality. Again, great product, let's make sure it stays that way and maximize the number of folks using it!

Look what EA did to UO... and look how many folks are using it now?

WarAngel

Wanderer
BrawnBehemoth said:
Of course it is his choice, however, if he wants to see the number of shards allowing his software plummet and his popularity with it, I suggest he re-consider. It is unlikely that Razor will be openly acceptable in player-run shards given the functionality. Again, great product, let's make sure it stays that way and maximize the number of folks using it!

I really don't think it will have the effect you are trying to make it seem like it will have. All of the things accomplishable now were accomplishable before, it just took more work.

BrawnBehemoth said:
Look what EA did to UO... and look how many folks are using it now?

That isn't really a fair analogy. UO was already going downhill. Age kills everything good.

Eggit

Wanderer
it just took more work.
Key phrase.

If you have to reactivate the background loop its not as bad, it still requires you to pay attention and keep on top of things.

Yes this ultimately is zippy's decision, but we are just informing him of our side on the issue so that he has the information to make the choice.

WarAngel

Wanderer
What's really the difference if it's possible in both versions though? It isn't THAT much work that it makes a huge difference. If a player really wants to do something, they'll do it either way.

Eggit

Wanderer
It's not THAT much work to actualy hit your cure macro either.

The problem is that it's one less thing to think about whe pvping, and that can make a major difference. A large portion of pvp (and other aspects of UO) is thinking on the fly and determining what your action should be. This is complicated by all the things going on and all the things you have to do, taking out the thinking (even if it's only for one action) cheapens the skill and cheapens pvp.

Also as mentioned this shows razor is going down the pat of automatation (sp?) In the future people could have fullblown scripts wit many aspects and bots much like easy UO.

Kadull

Wanderer
real quickly, maybe everyone should take in consideration the fact that you werent/arnt intended to be able to make hot keys for drinking pots and using bandies, and specific items in the first place. Look through your UO options hotkey list... it aint there folks, and never has been.

and to make using them AUTOMATIC is just too far imo.

Eggit

Wanderer
Kadull said:
real quickly, maybe everyone should take in consideration the fact that you werent/arnt intended to be able to make hot keys for drinking pots and using bandies, and specific items in the first place. Look through your UO options hotkey list... it aint there folks, and never has been.

and to make using them AUTOMATIC is just too far imo.
The potion macros have always irked me, however UOAssist had them so EA obviously condoned it. Wich brings me to my next point.

In my eyes razor started out as a free alternative to UOA, now it has become much more.

Eggit

Wanderer
Whats that supposed to mean?
Nuclear energy was discovered on accident, and then originally researched as an alternative energy source meant to benefit all of mankind.
/end todays history lesson.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Eggit said:
Whats that supposed to mean?
Nuclear energy was discovered on accident, and then originally researched as an alternative energy source meant to benefit all of mankind.
/end todays history lesson.

Actually, it wasn't discovered on accident. Nevermind. This isn't Starbucks.

mordero

Knight
Eggit said:
Intent isn't what matters, its the end use.
Nuclear technology wasn't intended to make bombs...
Actually, it was discovered by accident, but (other than the original thought of using it in medicine before it was understood) its first purpose was to be used in weapons. Not until afterwards did they figured out that all that energy output could be used for another energy source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_technology

Anyways, I dont see what the big deal is, Zippy has already said many times that Razor will never be like EasyUO. There will not be a full blown scripting language and it wont make everything automatic. Razor is here to make playing a little easier and thats all this does. If you complain about this, then you would need to complain about the macroing in general because it makes players lives easier but could also be abused; and the buying agents, and why not the hot keys (including the targeting system), because it allows you to do things that the client doesnt normally allow. He isnt ever going to make it completely play UO for you, just make it easier (and for most people, then, more enjoyable).

Kadull

Wanderer
Eggit said:
The potion macros have always irked me, however UOAssist had them so EA obviously condoned it. Wich brings me to my next point.

In my eyes razor started out as a free alternative to UOA, now it has become much more.

UOA was not "allowed" on osi shards.... there was just next to nothing they could do about it, so no... it wasnt permitted.

Tannis

Knight
How about this. If you don't like it...don't use it! Constructive criticism is great...if it's constructive. This whole discussion with calling Razor "lame" isn't constructive. How would you like it if you spent god knows how many hours making a program not just for yourself but for a ton of other people to use, only to have it badmouthed? You'd probably feel like saying "screw them all, it'll be a long time before I bother with this again." And I don't blame Zippy if he does. Why is it that everyone can start a thread to complain, but no one can start one to be appreciative and thank him for all his hard work?

Eggit

Wanderer
Kadull said:
UOA was not "allowed" on osi shards.... there was just next to nothing they could do about it, so no... it wasnt permitted.
Umm... EA got a portion of all the money UOA made as part of thier agreement to allow it on thier shards. The UO website even had ads for UOA.

Eggit

Wanderer
Tannis said:
How about this. If you don't like it...don't use it! Constructive criticism is great...if it's constructive. This whole discussion with calling Razor "lame" isn't constructive. How would you like it if you spent god knows how many hours making a program not just for yourself but for a ton of other people to use, only to have it badmouthed? You'd probably feel like saying "screw them all, it'll be a long time before I bother with this again." And I don't blame Zippy if he does. Why is it that everyone can start a thread to complain, but no one can start one to be appreciative and thank him for all his hard work?
I do apreciate his work, thats what this is about. I apreciate the great tool he has created but am not liking the path I seeit going down. It's like watching your friend get into a life of drugs, conisder this an intervention.

Kadull

Wanderer
Tannis said:

if he makes it for us, then im sure he wants to hear our views on it, and if hes making it just for himself to see what hes capable of and doesnt care what we think or how his creation affects other peoples game play... well then screw him (again, only if thats the case... which i doubt it is).

everyone just needs to sit back and ask themselves "what is TOO automated"... and i myself, and obviously many others, feel this is that line.

Kadull

Wanderer
Eggit said:
Umm... EA got a portion of all the money UOA made as part of thier agreement to allow it on thier shards. The UO website even had ads for UOA.

i could be wrong, but i think youre mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.