RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please tell its possible

Illaria

Traveler
ok some of our players have sight issues and problems reading text in game any script out there we can add to help them our would be awesome

_Epila_

Sorceror
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do with RunUO to improve reading, you may modify your core to change the default font and color for text messages, but nothing far from that.

The text is 100% handled by the client, you may also modify the font.mul and add an easy-reading font. You can also tell them to use the display/fullscreen-client at lower resolutions which may render bigger letters

MarciXs

Sorceror
There are different fonts you can choose from in the options menu(uo client), press options then second on the left, just try different fonts .

Illaria

Traveler
ty we are hoping can adjust on their personal settings on the computers.. one of our players legally blind and couple others have issues as well working to help them improve their gaming

tindo

Sorceror
I'm currently working on a text-to-speech script for this very purpose. I already have it working, just needs a few more tweaks.

When a player talks, their speech appears overhead and is also synthesized by the computer into speech and plays out their speakers. You think that is something they would be interested in?

*Edit* May have spoke a bit too soon, I just took a setback with it only playing the speech locally. However, I have an idea on how to fix that (may need someone smarter than me). I will keep you updated.

Dian

Sorceror
There are different fonts you can choose from in the options menu(uo client), press options then second on the left, just try different fonts .

This is your answer. Click options from paperdoll, and search around for the font options. You may need to use the scroll bar on the right side to scroll down and see the font options. Should be no reason to alter scripts or anything else.

Illaria

Traveler
Thank You both and Tindo i sent my shard owner copy of your reply.. At moment not so much font styles for the players being about being able to read the journals if there was way to change journal background color might help make letters stand out better for some most issues are size of letters and reading in journal.

Dian

Sorceror
The only way I have been able to make the journal more readable is to change the font color to something that stands out better on the journal background. For instance, the party default text color is a light lime green, and is nearly impossible to read in the journal. Change it to a more dark blue or red, and it stands out nice. Not sure if there are any options for size increase though, within the journal area.