RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porting Windows UO Server to Linux

Annwn

Wanderer
Porting Windows UO Server to Linux

I've currently got UO server running on a Windows setup without any problems and I'm trying to setup a similar situation on a Linux box but I've had nothing but problems. I've also got a number of scripts running with no problems, afaik, and would like to get them all working on the linux box.

I can set up the latest SVN and compile runuo.exe ok, most of the time, setup the owner acct and pointed it to the UO directory and can even login with the client but as soon as I try and do any admin stuff, using [admin command, the server crashes. with this crash report:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3899.36319
Operating System: Unix 2.6.31.22
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.1433
Time: 9/4/2010 8:33:22 PM
Mobiles: 1
Items: 18
Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: libz
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Server.Network.CompressorUnix32:compress2 (byte[],int&,byte[],int,Server.Network.ZLibQuality)
  at Server.Network.CompressorUnix32.Compress (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.Compression.Pack (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked (Server.Network.PacketWriter src) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush () [0x00000] 
  at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile (Server.Network.NetState ns) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Gumps.Gump.SendTo (Server.Network.NetState state) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Gumps.AdminGump.Admin_OnCommand (Server.Commands.CommandEventArgs e) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle (Server.Mobile from, System.String text, MessageType type) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech (System.String text, System.Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech (System.String text, System.Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech (Server.Network.NetState state, Server.Network.PacketReader pvSrc) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive (Server.Network.NetState ns) [0x00000] 
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice () [0x00000] 
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] 

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 192.168.1.102: (account = ) (mobile = 0x1 'Lorien')
If I'm reading that right it's saying I don't have the correct libz file and yet when I type locate libz in a terminal I get this:
Code:
/lib/libz.so.1
/lib/libz.so.1.2.3.3
/usr/lib/libzephyr.so.4
/usr/lib/libzephyr.so.4.0.0
/usr/lib/compiz/libzoom.so
/usr/lib/purple-2/libzephyr.so
/usr/share/doc/libzephyr4
/usr/share/doc/libzephyr4/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libzephyr4/copyright
/var/cache/apt/archives/libzephyr4_3.0~rc.2544-1_i386.deb
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libzephyr4.list