RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre AOS functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCastle

Wanderer
Pre AOS functionality

I have noticed a lot of people run shards that do not include the AOS ruleset. Many of them, including myself, are having a difficult time incorporating certain features of AOS, SE, ML, etc.
Granted, there are ways to enable many of the newer features. On my shard, players can loot their own corpses by double-clicking once, damage appears above their heads, dragon barding works, etc. The truth is, some of the features that came later were awesome. Customizable housing was my favorite part of the AOS expansion.
There was no way I could have enabled these features without the helpful people on these forums.
One feature in particular has left me stumped. I haven't been able to give my players the ability to use Samurai Empire tiles when building their customizable homes. Any suggestions are welcome!
There are some who will try to add the new elves to their oldschool shards.
For future versions of RunUO it would be wonderful if some of these features were easier to implement on a pre AOS shard. Thanks!

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
LowCastle said:
I have noticed a lot of people run shards that do not include the AOS ruleset. Many of them, including myself, are having a difficult time incorporating certain features of AOS, SE, ML, etc.
Granted, there are ways to enable many of the newer features. On my shard, players can loot their own corpses by double-clicking once, damage appears above their heads, dragon barding works, etc. The truth is, some of the features that came later were awesome. Customizable housing was my favorite part of the AOS expansion.
There was no way I could have enabled these features without the helpful people on these forums.
One feature in particular has left me stumped. I haven't been able to give my players the ability to use Samurai Empire tiles when building their customizable homes. Any suggestions are welcome!
There are some who will try to add the new elves to their oldschool shards.
For future versions of RunUO it would be wonderful if some of these features were easier to implement on a pre AOS shard. Thanks!

Already is being worked on based on what I know about some of the code they are working on.

You will be able to enable certain rule sets ( ie packets ).

But if you enable the T2A packet for example, you will have to live without the newer features.

99% of shards that claim to be something, are a hybrid because they don't use the correct packet.

Kamron

Knight
Seanchen.net said:
Already is being worked on based on what I know about some of the code they are working on.

You will be able to enable certain rule sets ( ie packets ).

But if you enable the T2A packet for example, you will have to live without the newer features.

99% of shards that claim to be something, are a hybrid because they don't use the correct packet.

I would agree with you, however I think having the option to make your shard hybrid is great becuase many people don't want to be limited to that era also if they can help it.

I personally have exactly that, a hybrid shard. It is an ML shard, yet takes the highlights of the old days

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I would agree with you, however I think having the option to make your shard hybrid is great becuase many people don't want to be limited to that era also if they can help it.

I personally have exactly that, a hybrid shard. It is an ML shard, yet takes the highlights of the old days

Which is why you would enable the highest feature you want, then hack the rest of the code in.

Of course stuff like animations as you explained to me, can only be done with packets, then of course you lose functionality. Not that it matters since the T2A bodies are back :lol:

LowCastle

Wanderer
When you describe enabling a ruleset, I think you're describing the way the current RunUO works. I could technically enable the SE packet and get all the features, then hack at the code for a while trying to disable all the other rules.
What I was suggesting is for it to be easier to enable LATER features under a pre AOS ruleset. If 99% of shards are hybrids, as you say, it only makes sense that these features be a little easier to enable/disable.
I don't think it should be impossible to enable Samurai Empire house tiles (after all it's just some graphics!!) without enabling the SE ruleset. If it is possible, no one I've talked to has figured it out yet.
I really do not want to enable AOS and SE just for that. I'm just suggesting that they make it less impossible. I can always live without it. But with C# I know they can do almost anything.

Greystar

Wanderer
LowCastle said:
When you describe enabling a ruleset, I think you're describing the way the current RunUO works. I could technically enable the SE packet and get all the features, then hack at the code for a while trying to disable all the other rules.
What I was suggesting is for it to be easier to enable LATER features under a pre AOS ruleset. If 99% of shards are hybrids, as you say, it only makes sense that these features be a little easier to enable/disable.
I don't think it should be impossible to enable Samurai Empire house tiles (after all it's just some graphics!!) without enabling the SE ruleset. If it is possible, no one I've talked to has figured it out yet.
I really do not want to enable AOS and SE just for that. I'm just suggesting that they make it less impossible. I can always live without it. But with C# I know they can do almost anything.

yes it IS JUST some tiles but its a packet the client is requesting to access those tiles and it just so happens to be the SAME packet that all the SE stuff uses to interpret from/to the client. So it makes it a little more difficult to do that. but I'll leave this discussion up to people who are more interested in doing this. I just caught this perticular thing and wanted to make a comment on it. As far as the other things go, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do, like for instance you don't want to use any new skills from AOS or beyond just set their skills.cap to 0 theirby preventing them from being used... also if you don't have powerscrolls available for those skills you never have to worry about them (they still show on the skills list though and if a player ever asks, say they are not available under this shards settings, end of story). Spells/Abilities, just find where they are added to the game and remove them. The other things may get a bit more complicated, but it CAN be done...

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
LowCastle said:

I mean exactly what I say.

A ruleset for example the SE packet, would enable the creatures, character selection screen, and custom house tiles. If you were not to send this packet, you would not be able to view this artwork.

I have see code, that I assume will do this, posted in #runuo.

Status
Not open for further replies.