RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prevent Impersonation of Staff

Kamron

Knight
Yes you can. This is a basic example. Most admins may want to add a flag which will allow staff to remove it from being displayed (for quest purposes etc).

billy6guns

Wanderer
Only see one problem with this, if in an RP shard, the staff may decide to have a "Staff NPC"....like Lord British for example would have the staff tag

Other than that, good idea :)

Kamron

Knight
You can add this code to the BaseVendor, or BaseCreature file as well. Make sure though that you integrate the already existing GetProperties function if there is one.

Dark_Konoko

Wanderer
billy6guns said:
Only see one problem with this, if in an RP shard, the staff may decide to have a "Staff NPC"....like Lord British for example would have the staff tag

Other than that, good idea :)

On a proper RP shard, the name floating above a players/staff members head should not matter anyway as your character does not see it.

- Konoko

Kamron

Knight
I forgot to respond to Billy6guns. Sorry, but the response is, did you check if thats what happens ;) Actually since these changes should be added to PlayerMobile, you should NOT see the Staff: Administrator on NPCs. You would have to add this to BaseCreature to get that effect if you so desired.

Thraxus

Sorceror
I think that when Billy6Guns mentioned a "Staff NPC", he didn't talking about a BaseCreature, he meant a staff PlayerMobile posing as a RP character, like Lord British in his example.

But then you already pointed out that admins would want to add a flag to disable it, so you already addressed his concern technically. ;)

And for the record, very nice submission. I'm using it. +rep to you :D

Kamron

Knight
Thanks alot. Ahh I see what you mean yeah, then in that case I did already address it.. oh well, no harm in being thorough :)

Kamron

Knight
Thanks alot.. Unfortunately, I am leaving UO, so the FAQ which I just posted will be my last submission. I will still support my submissions to the fullest, and I may take questions via ICQ if the person is nice, but I will not be active in this community. Maybe later on (when RC1 is released) I will make a shard... I haven't decided. I hope everyone the best in 05 :)