RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem opening ultima through Razor, help!

Raven666

Wanderer
Problem opening ultima through Razor, help!

hey guys, if some one can help me on this one, i would be greatful!!!!

when i start razor and put in the sever im playing on and put in the port number, and click on okay, i get the little error meg, saying that Ultima has encountered a problem and needs to close.... and then you can send the error report or not.... but after that it brings up a little screen saying this:

Razor was unable to initilize. Error cord:
NO_TID
Description: Could not find the client's ThreadID
Possibla Cause: The Client may not have initialized Properly.

if anyone can help me.... PLEASE DO!!!

and im using the most up to date Razor, i just downloaded it 4 days ago, and im trying it on my Girlfriends comp, i have that last verzion on my comp and it works fine, just not on here..... she also has a cable modem and is running on high speed internet (not sure if this helps)

and thanks

Malaperth

Wanderer
I would try reinstalling UO. The error you posted is encountered when the UO client has been closed before Razor can attach. It doesn't sound to me like you are starting the client through Razor, but I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.

JSparkfist

Wanderer
The same exact error happens to me, I have the newest version of razor, I have reinstalled it and UO many times, I even went sofar as to download .NET Framework 3.0 to no avail.

Any word on howto fix this would be greatly appreciated because I have exhausted everything I can think of.

Malaperth

Wanderer
I guess I have to ask for more info then. Please describe in complete detail exactly what you do and in what order to log into a shard and what app you use to do it.

JSparkfist

Wanderer
Well I was attempting to use ConnectUO for awhile but that didnt work, so now basically I am just running razor, I have attempted to do the 2d auto detect option, and I have manually directed it, niether work. I press 'Okay' and it gets all the way to 'Waiting for client to start" and then the error pops up and razor closes and no UO client opens.

JSparkfist

Wanderer
The one from the UOGamers site, Mondains Legacy I believe. I have tried installing it in its default folder which didnt work, uninstalled, and reinstalled it in a different folder, each time trying different methods to get it working including manually and auto-detecting location.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Wow, that is an error I have never seen before except when trying to launch the client via UOGateway and having Razor checked and then the client shuts down or gets shut down before Razor can load.

= )

I ifgured it out it did the same to me just disable your firewall and it will let you log into it if not then your prob is dif than mine and i tried :rolleyes:

Zippy

Razor Creator
Please take an SS or re-type what is in the windows crash box. This information is important.

Also if you have Firewall/Anti-Virus/Internet Security software, please post the version and name of said software.

Raven666

Wanderer
well like i said before when i posted, it comes up with a error "box" or "screen" the one that gives you the option to send a error report or not, and it says that uo had a problem occor and needs to close, but after you click on dont send or send the error report another little "box or "screen" pops up saying this:

Razor was unable to initilize. Error cord:
NO_TID
Description: Could not find the client's ThreadID
Possibla Cause: The Client may not have initialized Properly.

then both Razor and UO close....

i have not been able to reinstall uo, i havent been over to her house to try, and i did install it in the default location
but thanks for all the help!

Zippy

Razor Creator
Right I need to know what the error was that pops up the MS error reporting box. There is a button on there to get this information. If you cant figure it out, take a screen shot. If you can't do that then I can't help you.

PsiZeron

Wanderer
I've sent Zippy a PM with what I hope to be the stuff he needs... however, I doubt it. You can't copy and paste the windows technical information error report stuff, for some stupid reason.

PsiZeron

Wanderer
Do you take me for a complete moron? Do you have any idea how long the technical log is, and that you cannot even maximize it's size to cover more than a 6th of the screen?

I rest my case.

Zippy

Razor Creator
I only need the first part. It says something like

"An exception of type 0xC0000005 (access violation) occured in module XXXXX.XXX at addres 0xXXXXXXXX."

That is the important information.

Malaperth

Wanderer
PsiZeron;650845 said:
Do you take me for a complete moron? Do you have any idea how long the technical log is, and that you cannot even maximize it's size to cover more than a 6th of the screen?

I rest my case.

Yes, since you didn't seem to be able to take Zippy's very simple instructions about taking a screenshot, I do take you for a complete moron.