RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probleme with mulpatcher

elferades

Sorceror
Probleme with mulpatcher

i ve tryed to edit my map with mulpatcher
but when i try it its the same as the picture but they have something wrong (look the screenshot)

why i did wrong ?

need to be more specific, what is wrong in the picture?
I see stripes of water and land, do not know if it is sapposed to be that way, or all land or all water, or if arch type things on mini map is what you are talking about
or that there is no shore line
need to be a little more specific as to what is wrong

but water is very unique to work with
deep water is water tiles at -15z
shallow water is actualy "mud tiles at -5z with static water tiles over them at -5z also
if you want to place a bost that is
or can do water at 0 as water and a boat can not be placed into it
also have to place shore lines by hand as well

and for editing the map CentrED is much better for it, but still have to do all the water stuff by hand

elferades

Sorceror
they dont have water here normally they are grass :s but when i play i ve "water band"

( im french sorry :s )

so howi can resolved this ?

or do you know map editor logiciel for uo 6.0.13.0

elferades

Sorceror
???

i have a version of uo too advanced ?
it's a bug ?

what did you have an advice for me about the versionUo/mapeditor ?

( some version isn t accepted? )

Thilgon

Sorceror
i had that effect as i tried to create a malas map with dragon 11...
probably something went wrong while it was compiling the map, or the program you are using does not support the kind of map you are trying to make...

never tried mulpatcher on a map myself, but i think it supports only map0.mul, so...

elferades

Sorceror
can you tell me the name of the prog you use for mapping and you version uo ? for try if i can ( dragon mod 11 doesn t want to work on my computer :'( )

i use 5.0.9.1

but uo landscaper with make maps anysize, but you need to match up with the size map the client wants :)
in this case (and mine) the ML size tram/fel maps

cenrED will use anysize maps also, you just have to start it correctly (using sector size, not map size [sector size is map sizes/8])

but who knows with 6.0.13, since it is the newest osi patch, they may have changed things around again

elferades

Sorceror
with CentrED

i've tryed but

this is my config

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?> 
- <CEDConfig Version="3">
  <Port>2593</Port> 
- <Map>
  <Map>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\map3.mul</Map> 
  <StaIdx>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\staidx3.mul</StaIdx> 
  <Statics>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\statics3.mul</Statics> 
  <Width>768</Width> 
  <Height>512</Height> 
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\tiledata.mul</Tiledata> 
  <Radarcol>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\radarcol.mul</Radarcol> 
- <Accounts>
- <Account>
  <Name>elferades</Name> 
  <PasswordHash>************</PasswordHash> 
  <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel> 
  <LastPos x="0" y="0" /> 
  <Regions /> 
  </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions /> 
  </CEDConfig>
for the serveur exe

and in the client exe i have entered all same as this ( files in C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\ )
my account my pass and serveur ip

but when i launch the serveur executable of centrED it is closed automaticly :s

Thilgon

Sorceror
maybe i'm wrong, but doesn't centred work only on the old map0.mul?
i mean, i tried it with an enlarged to ML map0.mul and it didn't work... haven't tried yet with the other maps...

elferades

Sorceror
same probleme close automaticly

CentrED Server Version 0.4.0
Copyright 2008 Andreas Schneider

[06/04/2009 19:33:20] Initialization started
[06/04/2009 19:33:20] Loading Map, Statics, StaIdx

and after the programme close

the xml config :

Code:
  <?xml version="1.0" ?> 
- <CEDConfig Version="3">
  <Port>2593</Port> 
- <Map>
  <Map>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\map0.mul</Map> 
  <StaIdx>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\staidx0.mul</StaIdx> 
  <Statics>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\statics0.mul</Statics> 
  <Width>768</Width> 
  <Height>512</Height> 
  </Map>
  <Tiledata>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\tiledata.mul</Tiledata> 
  <Radarcol>C:\Documents and Settings\elferades.THOMAS\Mes documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\radarcol.mul</Radarcol> 
- <Accounts>
- <Account>
  <Name>elferades</Name> 
  <PasswordHash>ed728120b89****890d2282e8ccbcfa1</PasswordHash> 
  <AccessLevel>255</AccessLevel> 
  <LastPos x="0" y="0" /> 
  <Regions /> 
  </Account>
  </Accounts>
  <Regions /> 
  </CEDConfig>

with CentrED you have to type in the correct SECTOR size, not map size
it is map size / 8

it will work with anysize map that way, just have to put in the right numbers

Thilgon

Sorceror
mh you sure? oh well... i'll try it again :p

elferades... uhm make sure your staidx.mul matches the OSI one for that map size, if map itself is not a problem, i'm absolutely sure the staidx IS a problem if it does not match...

elferades

Sorceror
yes it matches it's new install of uo for juste map editing

and lord greywolf

map0.mul
6114x4096
6144/8 = 768
4096/8=512

768x512 :p