RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Product of Microsoft?

moocow

Wanderer
Product of Microsoft?

This may sound like a dumb question to very many of you, but since I am new with RunUO i was wondering... Did Microsoft want RunUO to be made? Like did they order it to be made or did Krrios and Ryan and some others just use the .net framework to make the scripting and stuff? Yes Yes Yes its a dumb question :rolleyes:

Xenon

Wanderer
Novice user beats newbie, newbie.

No, RunUO uses Microsoft's ,net framework, you see Micrsoft a lot on this site to address this.

I doubt Ryan and Krrios know Bill Gates, but if they do, then I can only say one thing... Hook me up!

:D

Aenima

Wanderer
Well, at least he put an asterisk where the "U" would normally be - that makes it a whole less offensive.....

H

hydroxtrem

also i highly doubt if microsoft wrote an emulator, that they would want anything to do with us makeing it since it would take away money from them, and we arnt microsoft trained, meaning we are worthless peons in their opinion :D

Re: ????

Spooky said:
What makes you think microsoft write a UO emulator???

- Microsoft products are tight / RunUO is tight
- RunUO website looks more like a MS project than a UO project

Personally, there is no doubt that the speed and quality that the development of this project reflects is peculiar.

The possibility has occured to me that RunUO might be an secretly sponsored by OSI. But, more likely is the case that the devs are excellent programmers who have experience in UO emulation and alot of time dedicated to their project.

Regardless, "It's all good, Ricky Lake!"

Z

Zoole

Yeah Right!

Yeah Right!

Microsoft create a FREE product wake up!!

Aenima

Wanderer
lol yo unever know - microsoft'll probably create a UO emulator and include a UO installation with their next windows release, monopolising UO as they did the web!

moocow

Wanderer

Thats what I was thinking, everything looks so professional I thought that it might be Microsoft made... *shudders*

woody

Wanderer
Microsoft Make something that doesnt crash LOL

I'll give them credit win2k was nice xp ok but still gets slow for even a P4 1.6 512 ram

C

Chaos

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but I think this was geared more towards a "joke" post. I think he was kidding, I dont think anyone actually really believes that Microsoft would endorse a UO emulator....for the simple reason "they have better things to do, things that involve making them lots of money"

HEHE

Lifedragn

Wanderer
Oh yeah, name one large american corporation, other than maybe wal-mart, which doesnt = greed? It's business, and they good at it too, so lay off em :D

lliberty

Wanderer
true factoid....

lol...

If Bill Gates sees a $100 dollar bill on the side walk, he loses money stopping work to pick it up himself.

Mind you, he's smart enough to pay someone minimum wage to walk with around him, picking them up as he spots them. (And let's face it, that'd be a minimum wage job. )

Personally, I'd rather work for myself beating him to them, but I'm too lazy to work that hard... =p