RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profiles....?

Zippy

Razor Creator
Profiles....?

Would you prefer to have Razor keep a profile for each one of your characters (and load it automatically when you log in)....

OR

Would you rather things stay the way they are, and you can manually switch profiles for each of your characters.

shdwrnnr

Wanderer
I voted to leave it the way it is.
I actually find the way UO stores profiles separately for every character very annoying, and wouldn't want razor to adopt a similar system. Most of the hotkeys and macros i set up I use across multiple characters.

k0t

Wanderer
I voted for seperate Profiles.

Example:
You're playing a Mage with Spellmakros and then login with your Warrior, Dexxer, Mule or whatever - what should they do with Magemakros and settings? Nothing - right! :D

So one profile for every char would be great! :D

R

r00ted

I voted seperate profiles for each character. Im hoping what that means is.

Player Mage can have his own profile
Player Crafter will have his own Profile
Player Dexer will have his own profile?

And....when I log into Player Mage, it would load my Mage profile (which would be set up for a "mage" with spell hotkeys bound within Razor).

If this is what this poll is for, that sounds like a neat idea.

Either way, if the majority want to keep it the way it is, would it be hard to add a toggle switch to "Use Classic Profile" (which would do it the way it works now) ? :p

S

Sno

It wasn't an option I know, but how about this? Keep it like it is now, but have an option to automatically load a specific profile for you character. ie. Saving would assign the current profile to your current character, and if the option is ticked that profile will be loaded on login.
Kinda like the best of both worlds? :)

Merry Christmas, btw :)

Edison

Wanderer
Assuming I havn't misunderstood the options, I think the way it is now is best.

I can see times where it would be handy to have more than one different profile for use with a single character, that might be lost, depending on the implementation of the possible new system.

1magic

Wanderer
ANOTHER IDEA HERE

Change it.
On my Paladin profile I have some Spells set on easy accessible keys. On my Mage profile I don't need these Spells, but I need these keys for other spells.

I have editable XML files with these settings so I can copy what I need from one profile to another.

Maybe another idea is to use BOTH DEFAULT AND CHAR-SPECIFIC profiles.
Use a DEFAULT profile, unless a specific option is set in a CHAR profile. In that case use the CHAR setting.

I say leave it, it isn't that hard to manually load it. OR, just add a little checkmark in the settings; "Automatically switch profiles on Razor load." or something to that extent.

I say no because it gets rather annoying if I have two seperate characters with the same name, yet one is an entirely different setup, so I have the same profile for both....

Trillian

Wanderer
In reading the post, Zippy is not taking the profiles away from us. My interpretation anyway, is that he's debating, and getting oppinions from us to determine if we want to continue changing the profiles manually, or have Razor set up to log the profiles with each individual character. The profiles will still be there, only difference is Razor will see which character you're logging onto, and load the profile for it automattically.

To give you a better idea of what i'm talking about, , UOAssist logs the setting, macros, and such for each individual character, and loads the settings automattically.

Currently, with Razor, you need to manually change the profile for the character you want to use.

Both options are very handy and have thier uses.

My vote will be for keeping a profile for each character and auto-loading when character is selected.

R

r00ted

ok. now that i think i understand the topic better.....I'd like to add a suggestion :p

If, it does go in, where each character has there own profile. Make it possible to "assign" profiles to multiple characters. Soooooo.....for example, my tamer, fisher, and mage could all have the same profile "Mage" auto-loaded when I log into those characters :p While, when I log into Gar'tu, or Celeste Al'tor (my warriors) it would auto-load "Dexer" profile.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Since the vote is so close on this, I've made a compromise.... In the next version, Razor will remember which profile you last used with which character(s) and automatically load it when you log in with that char. This, I think, is the best of both worlds.

nachtgeist03

Wanderer
So is that saying that it will auto-load the last profile you used with that char, but you can still manually switch it if needed?

Zippy

Razor Creator
nachtgeist03 said:
So is that saying that it will auto-load the last profile you used with that char, but you can still manually switch it if needed?
Yep... and you arent forced to have 1 per char, you can have as many or as few as you want.

Zippy

Razor Creator
HerculesMO said:
There should be an option for different character profiles... because my profiles are all identical.
Am I the only one who has no idea what he's talking about?

ratzerna

Sorceror
How about the best of both? Some settings I like to keep the same on all characters, but other things need to be unique for each character. (i.e. organize bags, undress bags, dress, undress, etc). For example if you use your arm/disarm left/right hands and aren't holding an item for that character, it causes Razor to exception out.

If I just had the ability to have multiple organziers/scavengers/etc I probably wouldn't need multiple profiles tho.

ramble, babble, boo.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Did anyone even read what I said on the other page......

Locked. Read before you speak.