RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

progressive combat armor

progressive combat armor

Ok - here is a set of armor, that can also be used to make other sets from
This is a drag and drop and use ;)
testet on svn 147, but should work on all 2.0 versions (i believe)
and should work on 1.0 (with or with out minor mods)

This set of armor, as each peice is added, increases the bonus on each peice

i.e. 1 peice has Attributes.ReflectPhysical = 1; on it
but 2 peices will each have Attributes.ReflectPhysical = 2; for a total of 4 between them
etc

now this also shows how to make the "jumps" for extras at certain levels

when the count is 3 or more - the bonus goes up by 1
and when at 6 (al of them) the bonus goes up again by 1
so the count is:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
and the bonuses are:
1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8

and you can use either number in there for bonuse caululations
like also when the count = 4 they get mage armor applied to them
at count 3 they get self repair 1 and at 6 it is 2

all of this is adjustable - just have to remember to adjust in all spots - on equip and on remove

so on a full set
the bonus = 8, count = 6
total bonuses in there would then be 48 (6 * 8)
and count items - 36 if done that way or how ever you set it up

for this armor set they are the following when done with all 6
MageArmor
SelfRepair = 2
ReflectPhysical = 8 total over all 48
WeaponDamage = 8 total over all 48
WeaponSpeed = 8 total over all 48
DefendChance = 8 total over all 48
Luck = 80 total over all 480

i also left it when removed to reset it back to the basic bonuses
this is for 2 reasons:
1) they can see what the "basic" bonus is for each
2) it stops them from being spell crafted because of the bonuses

as always enjoy

*edited in - made a slight oops - forgot the else statement for the checking on the mage armor part - so always would end up being non mage armor - fixed in the updated download
Finished fix in version 1.2

Attachments

• CombativeArmorV1.2.rar
    12.9 KB · Views: 267

Tru

Knight
++Karma

I been meaning to do something like this with the Dragon Armor just havent had time. Thanks!!

Greystar

Wanderer
Its a nice concept, looks like what I had started to do with my dragon armor at one point. I might look into it more sometime if I decide to start my shard again.

made a slight oops - forgot the else statement for the checking on the mage armor part - so always would end up being non mage armor - fixed in the updated download

oops forgot 1 spot - when dealing with the peice added lol forgot to put the else in also

not a super biggy, but an oops non the less - fixed in version 1.2

only noticed when i was dbl checking the 3rt type of set i made -- so guess 3 is the charm to get it right (caught 1 goof on each different set :) )

Hammerhand

Knight
Found a slight booboo possibly. When you have all the armor on, it adds the +6's and whatnot as its supposed to.. but.. Remove one piece and it only drops to +5 on all of them. Isnt it supposed to drop back to the original +1? I'm using your latest posting V1.2 No modifications done to them, this is straight from the "box" so to speak. Other than that, not bad at all. :D

Attachments

• CombativeArmor1.JPG
    CombativeArmor1.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 130
  • CombativeArmor2.JPG
    CombativeArmor2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 131
this set is progressive - not a all 6 worn or no bonuses

if you remove 1 peice, it will revert to that number worn and the bonuses it gets

this set - each peice added increase the bonuses to the one worn

so 2 peices still give a bonus
at 3 there is a jump in bonuses
at 4 their is also stuff added in extra
and at 6 even more bonuses and higher extra stuff

so if you have 6 worn, then will drop to what it would be if 5 worn

Crowley62

Sorceror
sorry i don't understand something if you get +48 weapon damage from armor and your sword has 60 damage will this give it 108 damage?

depends on how your shard's caps are set

most have a cap of 100% - so in that case would be 100% then for it
(and an overall cap of 300% from all bonuses like LJ, anat, str, etc)

but you can modify, replace any of the attributes to your liking

you can replace bonus with count also and it would drop down to being only +36 for all peices on for a grand total then

Kayyne65

Wanderer
When I equip all 5 male armor pieces, and the norse helm, i get 6 as my bonus for all items instead of the 8 as your first post would indicate.
However, if i unequip and reequip the legs, all items change to bonus of 8, but if i unequip and reequip any other item, the bonuses are all 6 on all items except for legs, which stay 8.
So it seems the legs must be the last piece equipped to gain full bonuses as the script is currently written.

I did no testing with female pieces.

i had it work with any order - but i thoink i know the problem

I have my leg armor on layer.lastvalid

change all Layer.lastValid to Layer.Pants (find and replace or inforapid, etc)

and they will work fine then

i forgot i went and changed the layers on my shard for the leg armor

Xeevis

Sorceror
Hmm those bonuses doesnt scale right there are tons of possible combinations :) And one more thing, what about calling base.OnRemoved()? :rolleyes:

Miller.

Wanderer
If I want to modify the bonus attributes, I can just modify the OnEquip and the OnRemoved section for one of these pieces of armor, and then copy and paste that for all the other pieces, right? I looked over the Norse Helm and the Plate Gorget in WinMerge and it showed no differences in those sections (only differences on the item constructible, name, weight, etc.)

I'm wanting to make it so that when you wear the FULL set you get a large LRC bonus, but otherwise you get no (or very little) bonus. Basically I'm attempting to make a training set of armor that has severe disadvantages for combat use.

ACME_INC

Sorceror
This is good stuff. I think it will get my excitement up enough to figure out how to modify it to require a certain level of skill to equip.

that is easy to do

in the onequip section just add a check for the required skill, if they fail, send message and return false
of course do this before any other checks :)

Xeevis

Sorceror
Sry, forgot about this thread, back to my previous post > base.OnRemoved should be called just to get rid of additional bonuses, if you set something outside scripts, it will be messy. For example someone might decide to add lil stat boost ingame via Props to any part of that armor and that bonus will stay on char even after armor stuff is removed.