RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Project's sourcecode

zimbatm

Wanderer
Project's sourcecode

Has anyone the sourcecode for PlayUO ?

Apparently all links are down, and I'm interested to be able to change some things in it.
Naturally, this forum will be notified for any addons ;)

Cheers,
... zimba

Phantom

Knight
zimbatm said:
Has anyone the sourcecode for PlayUO ?

Apparently all links are down, and I'm interested to be able to change some things in it.
Naturally, this forum will be notified for any addons ;)

Cheers,
... zimba

PlayUO's source has never been released. You can however download the program in the download section of this website ( it is working ).

zimbatm

Wanderer
Phantom said:
PlayUO's source has never been released. You can however download the program in the download section of this website ( it is working ).

Actually, I have some problems with the Defiance Network server. I can connect and choose the game type, but then, the connection takes forever.

I'm really interested into using the sourcecode. Apparently there hasn't been any updates since long.

Cheers,
... zimba

Phantom

Knight
zimbatm said:
Actually, I have some problems with the Defiance Network server. I can connect and choose the game type, but then, the connection takes forever.

I'm really interested into using the sourcecode. Apparently there hasn't been any updates since long.

Cheers,
... zimba

PlayUO's source has never been released, so I will ignore your comment about the source, since its not possible at this time to get the source.

If you have problems with Defiance ask their staff, I am sure they can help you. PlayUO was just recently updated, 3 months isn't that long.

zimbatm

Wanderer
Augustus said:
Defiance doesn't allow Krrios, so I'm guessing you want to bypass their anti-Krrios detectors.

Actually I wanted to "correct the bug". I didn't know it was made extra :-P

Plus, I wanted to add better pathfinding, integrated macros, .. but didn't want to start from zero

Dipset

Wanderer
zimbatm said:
Plus, I wanted to add better pathfinding, integrated macros, .. but didn't want to start from zero
This is already possible with plugins. How well can you program C#?

Drakrum

Wanderer
It would be nice if the source was released, krrios will not fix the memory leak in the prog.. I've heard rumors.. but thats just a whole other story. But if the source was open.. then users could start modifying this, and not just the memory leak.

Phantom

Knight
Drakrum said:
It would be nice if the source was released, krrios will not fix the memory leak in the prog.. I've heard rumors.. but thats just a whole other story. But if the source was open.. then users could start modifying this, and not just the memory leak.

Like others have said, you can do alot with plugins.

Your right rumors are bad, so don't spread them.

Dipset

Wanderer
Everyone says how PlayUO has a memory leak, do you even know what the fuck a memory leak is? Every single fucking item, or mobile you ever see while PlayUO is running is kept in their own collections, one for mobiles, one for items. If you wern't so fucking stupid you'd realize how big those collections could get. Maybe you hear that Krrios won't fix the "memory leak" because there isnt one, I've never once seen him reply to anything that has to do with memory leaks. Don't even get me started on the people that claim PlayUO use more resources then the OSI client (memory set aside for that comment). You have no right what so ever saying it would be nice if the source was released, you wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it. I use PlayUO alot and I know its not perfect, but when you consider its a client built from scratch, by a single person (maybe he had a little side help, sometimes you get stuck on shit, you know) and the things it can do, man, your shut your mouth.

Drakrum

Wanderer
Dipset said:
Everyone says how PlayUO has a memory leak, do you even know what the fuck a memory leak is? Every single fucking item, or mobile you ever see while PlayUO is running is kept in their own collections, one for mobiles, one for items. If you wern't so fucking stupid you'd realize how big those collections could get. Maybe you hear that Krrios won't fix the "memory leak" because there isnt one, I've never once seen him reply to anything that has to do with memory leaks. Don't even get me started on the people that claim PlayUO use more resources then the OSI client (memory set aside for that comment). You have no right what so ever saying it would be nice if the source was released, you wouldn't know what the fuck to do with it. I use PlayUO alot and I know its not perfect, but when you consider its a client built from scratch, by a single person (maybe he had a little side help, sometimes you get stuck on shit, you know) and the things it can do, man, your shut your mouth.

You should be banned for that reply.

Actually there is a memory leak. I have my opinion and I can express it. I think that it would be nice it the source was realease but its not MY place to make the decision. Just IMO. And the deal about you bitching to me about this, When I was Check 6 on Uogamers krrios would frequent our Ventrillo channel and we discussed that issue, he cant fix it due to circumstances. Dipset go fuck yourself and have a nice day.

Quill

Wanderer
I agree that the source shouldn't be released. Being able to write plugins already allows players to write scripts that are cheats (auto chug when needed, auto heal group member with least health left, duel bots, etc). It's nice to be able to write custom plugins that are fun and legitimate. C# is too powerful for potential cheaters. Releasing the source would definitely create chaos across all shards.

Darkadia

Wanderer
If you really want an open source client, Google "Iris Ultima Online client". It's open sourced, tho I'm not sure that it even works at this time. Outside of that, PlayUO is a closed source alternative to OSI's closed source client. If it runs better than OSI's, then it's at least a step in the right direction. Krrios has every right to keep his own source. :cool:

H

hudel

Darkadia said:
If you really want an open source client, Google "Iris Ultima Online client". It's open sourced, tho I'm not sure that it even works at this time. Outside of that, PlayUO is a closed source alternative to OSI's closed source client. If it runs better than OSI's, then it's at least a step in the right direction. Krrios has every right to keep his own source. :cool:

Yes i agree, too. It's all said...