RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] ProTag - PlayerMobile Tag-Based Properties 1.2

No permission to download

fwiffo

Sorceror
I have to criticize some aspects that I consider relevant when dealing with those things, as using xml savings...

It's slow, compared to XmlAttachment, just consider a discretely populated server with 2k+ accounts, old and new, consider the save time required by the system.

Consider also another thing, not only related by the performance, there is no safety in dealing with accounts in your script:

- in SET the null check for the account isn't done, so if I DELETE an account I could get in a server crash
- same thing elsewhere.

Also, if I delete the script, the tags remain here, while in XmlAttachment you'll get rid of the at the next reboot.

Maybe you should think of using your custom xml serialize if you want to do something like this, but a binary save would be lot better:

For performance, for the sake of the user running it and if someone just want to get rid of the system, a simple delete would work.

Just my 2 cents.

Felladrin

Sorceror
Felladrin updated ProTag - PlayerMobile Tag-Based Properties with a new update entry:

Added two config options and fixed account check

Two new options were added in the top of the script.

C#:
private static bool GetNeverNull = true; // Setting this to True will make the Get method always return a string (StringForNull) instead of Null when the ProTag is not set.

private static string StringForNull = "Not Set"; // This is the string to be returned if GetNeverNull is set to True.

GetNeverNull is true by default, so you can use this, for example, without worring, as Get will always return a string:...

Read the rest of this update entry...