RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Publisher for RC2

Liacs

Sorceror
Publisher for RC2

Thanks Nemikal who brought this back to life and razzles, who made the fix for RunUO 2.0 RC2.

The original script was written by Lewism, I just updated it to RunUO 2.0

lewism;299114 said:
I created an NPC that will publish your books when you hand them a book. The new books will state the time that the book was published. Later, when a Publisher NPC is created, the books that he sells are read-only versions of your published book.

This script does need some work still, as I am not sure how to change the items that a vendor sells over time. At the moment, a new publisher takes 10 random books from the data\books directory.

Also, these books are saved as serialized xml files. I did this because I created an Atom client to publish the books to a blog.

Attachments

• Publisher.rar
    8.1 KB · Views: 89

koluch

Sorceror
Issue

Liacs;778564 said:
Thanks Nemikal who brought this back to life and razzles, who made the fix for RunUO 2.0 RC2.

The original script was written by Lewism, I just updated it to RunUO 2.0
Sorry for ressing an old thread, but....
There is an issue that will cause the server to crash.
Liacs, Ill send you a PM on this, perhaps we can figure out a fix, this is a very nice script and want to have it back in use!

Koluch

koluch

Sorceror
Updated to SVN 506

I believe I corrected the issue with the Publisher.cs script.
I sent a PM to Liacs and have heard nothing back, so I figured I will post this and then let those of you who have this on your server take a look and see what the changes are. Please test this out and let me know if any other issues are encountered.
I also removed the 'sound' warning(really wasnt an issue) and added a scroll sound when the publisher is checking out your book to see if it is worthwhile.

Any additional input I am sure would be welcome.

Koluch

Attachments

• Publisher 3-22-2010.rar
    8.2 KB · Views: 18