RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Q] .NET Framework 3.0

koluch

Sorceror
[Q] .NET Framework 3.0

Should or has anyone installed .NET framework 3.0 on their server?
Should we?
Not?
Yes?
Nery a clue??

Thanks!

noobie

Wanderer
unless you have a problem with .net 2.0 (there is a known memory issue, if you use some programs), you dont need to upgrade .net 3.0

however, runuo 2.0 should work just fine on .net 3.0.

Kaon

Wanderer
Hmm... .NET 3.0 is just a name for .NET 2.0 + some others :
# Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
# Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
# Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
# Windows CardSpace (WCS))

noobie

Wanderer
well, it indeed includes those components but .net 2.0 is not same with .net 3.0.

language specifications are changed; added some new features..

Courageous

Wanderer
I installed 3.0 without a problem. Understand that it doesn't really update the C# language or the CRL as far as I can tell. It's some new functional libraries, including the rather interesting XAML stuff.

C//

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Methinks the main branch is still on 2.0. And I dunno if Jeff does any *RunUO* stuff -- he's the brainmaster behind ConnectUO.

mordero

Knight
Compiling the server in 3.0 (which would technically still be 2.0) would be no different than 2.0 since .net 3.0 actually includes version 2.0 of the CLR and just includes the new things Kaon said.

Killamus

Knight
InOverMyHead;655162 said:
If it's 2.5 why is microsoft calling it 3.0?

Cuz microsoft is retarded. Havn't you ever been to Starbucks? lol. But seriously, Microsoft is retarded as hell. This isn't even an update; its more or less adding stupid crap that no one will ever use.

Cuz C# pwns as it is.
Period.

noobie

Wanderer
Ray;655158 said:
Because this is the language specification of c# 3.0, which is not included in .net 3.0 and still under development.

umm, that I didnt know.

I knew language specs are changed and just assumed it is in .net 3.0