RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about animations and moving

Alec

Wanderer
Question about animations and moving

Is there any way to stop animation without changing direction? I mean maybe some packet, that orders client to stop animation or something like this.. For example during the fightning suddenly I need to stop swing animation, i tried to do this with fast changing of direction to other and back, i hoped it wouldnot be seen by players, but sometimes it is visible, Are there any other ways to do this?

Is there any way to freeze players direction, like freezing his location when CantMove is true, I mean something like a trigger function, which works when player change his direction (single changing, not walking or running)

And I also have a question about CantWalk system: does it just change player's location on his moving, I mean does server sends accepting packet when it recieves walk request packet from client or maybe server doesnt allow sending accepting packets to client? So why a little moving can be seen by walking client? - but when something(item or other player) stays near player and it doesnt allow player to move through this item, there is NO "little client movement"? Or when player try to walk on water tiles there is also NO small movement. Is it client's system fault or what?

krrios

Administrator
Is there any way to stop animation without changing direction? I mean maybe some packet, that orders client to stop animation or something like this.. For example during the fightning suddenly I need to stop swing animation, i tried to do this with fast changing of direction to other and back, i hoped it wouldnot be seen by players, but sometimes it is visible, Are there any other ways to do this?

I believe the only way to do this is to send another animation packet (one with the 'idle' action number).

Is there any way to freeze players direction, like freezing his location when CantMove is true, I mean something like a trigger function, which works when player change his direction (single changing, not walking or running)

Not by default, no. Move is virtual, so it shouldn't be too difficult to override this in PlayerMobile.

And I also have a question about CantWalk system: does it just change player's location on his moving, I mean does server sends accepting packet when it recieves walk request packet from client or maybe server doesnt allow sending accepting packets to client? So why a little moving can be seen by walking client? - but when something(item or other player) stays near player and it doesnt allow player to move through this item, there is NO "little client movement"? Or when player try to walk on water tiles there is also NO small movement. Is it client's system fault or what?

The server rejects all movement requests. It doesn't accept then warp back. However, due to how the client handles movement, there may still be visible warping. This is because the client starts movement before waiting for the servers response (accept or reject). When it receives the movement rejection, it then resets the position.

on a similar note is there a way to freeze at a particular frame of an animation sequence. for example lets say a player wanted to point in a direction usint the 3d client, yes you could make a macro the replayed the animation over and over. but would it be possible to freeze the players motion with arm fully extended until the player changed direction through direction change or movement.

Blazen

Wanderer
I *think* krrios is right. Once an animation is sent, it plays all the way through unless it is interrupted by another anim.