RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on paperdoll layers

Can anyone describe to me exactly how layers are handled in the paperdoll? I'm completely redoing the paperdolls with new graphics (since it's an offline private shard I have no problems messing with clientside files too), and I'll already be redrawing and patching in every single worn item in the game.

What I'd like to be sure on is how the item image for the clothes is linked to the gump image in the paperdoll, and how that's connected to the animation. Is it in script, are they set a certain number apart in the mul files, both? I plan to add some new items as I learn how and I want to make sure all the bits work as they should.

Is it possible to edit any of the other bodies to wear clothes, or should I forget about putting a dress on a skeleton... XD

Lastly, but perhaps most important, is it possible to add more layers to the paperdoll, in either clientside or serverside files without having to hack the main client or something far beyond my ability? I'd like to add a facial layer, another layer for pants, separate layers for socks and shoes, and so on... If I'm limited to the number UO has, I guess I'll have to live with it, but if I can increase the number that would be great.

Speaking of which, exactly how many layers are there in ML client, and is there a note somewhere of which ones display over which in order? I could probably figure that out by going through every wearable item in the game, but if someone's already done that and there's some kind of list letting me know that 'this layer displays first over the base paperdoll, then this one over it, then this one...' it'd save me the time.

milva

Sorceror
If you open up Scripts\Items\Clothing
You will find Cloak/MiddleTorso/OuterTorse etc all listed there
Open each one and take a look threw the script this will show which all items use this layer-
even the ML item/names will be listed.
The only other layer I can think of would be the Unused layer which you would set this layer in a item script, but I believe that would be the only other/extra layer which could be used.
Safera's Tutorial explains about custom items also
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/adding-custom-wearables-clothing-armor-weapons.534840/

Nuts. Well, I'll just have to make the most of it, then. I was really hoping more layers could be added somehow. If I rearrange things I might still be able to get two pants layers... and if I get rid of beards (or combine them with certain hairstyles) I could still maybe do a face layer. It'll take a lot more work and planning this way to get just some of what I want.