RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on "spawning"

K

Krazy_zack

Question on "spawning"

I've never used anything for any length of time other than sphere so this might sound like an odd question but how will we go about "spawning" the world?

Here is my delema (and forgive me if I sound thick...):

On a sphere shard if you just "create" a creature it will wander aimlessly about untill it's killed and will never return. When you "spawn" a creature it stays within a pre-determinded distance from the "spawn point" and will "respawn" automatically if killed after a predeturmined time.

How would this work with RunUO?

SickLab

Wanderer
I think it should work like you said. I am also a Sphere admin shard, and Spawn is the way to go. I am sure it's the samething with POL and UOX.

I think that spawn is scriptable. Hmm.. i will take a look at this. I will try to create a base class for spawn.

Good Idea Krazy :D

Spooky

Wanderer
Spawning

I would like to see regional spawning as well as spawn points so you can say have brittain as a mass region to spawn in the town critters but if you want something special at a certain location use a spawn point for it.

The best of both worlds :D

Dian

Sorceror
I dont think that spawning is really a top priority atm, with the fact that AI have not even been fully developed at all, and like SickLab said, there is no support for Regions as of yet.
I would say the best way to go would be to create a spawning system for both regions spawning, and spawn point regions, (Spawnpoint also including item spawning, and chest spawns)

If you are already concerned with spawning the world, you must have your shard way farther along than mine ;) Although I am using a total custom map, and am building the towns still, lol.

R

Rainman

It would be nice for a totally done region spawn, that can also be edited in game :)

K

Krazy_zack

Just a "heads up" is all lol...

Seems though I sux at C# (untill I learn more) I figured I could be the "unofficial" ideas man LOL!

Besides I figured that SickLab is on fire with his scripting so I would give him somthing ele to chew on lol (keep up the good work dude!)