RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Question

Trey

Wanderer
Quick Question

Ok, This Ultima SDK thing seems like it would be perfect for what i need. Making a new UO client catord to my needs. My question is though if I made my own client and packaged the UO.muls that are in existant now and made my own patcher to patch those .muls when needed. How legal would that be. I'm not selling them, but In a sense I'm making an entirely new game based on the RunUO server and UO client. Just curiouse on legal issues with that.

Trey

Wanderer
darn cuz above i stated packaged the uo .muls with the client so guessing this couldnt be legally done.

Phantom said:
You can't distrubute the UO Clients period.

The SDK wouldn't help you design a new client anyways, it doesn't serve that purpose.

It can. It loads most, if not all, the mul data, clilocs, animations ect.

Atomic

Wanderer
And it's open source so you can easily code the support for the new files by looking how the old ones were done.

Trey

Wanderer
mwahaha The Ultima SDK forum lives again!! *feels like a saint to get ppl posting in there* lol