RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor 1.0.5 Connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfray

Page
Razor 1.0.5 Connection issues

I started up uogateway to play ultima online. Razor said I a new version was out , I ignored it for a minute logged into my favorite shard, Then decided to get the new version. Logged out and installed the new version of razor. Now it hangs on verifying account. So I tried logging in with connectuo, It worked.

So the new razor keeps you from logging in using uogateway, but works with connectUO.

I hope this will help you guys narrow down the problem, For a fast fix.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Well I will look into the issue but I can tell you now that UOGateway is dead, and I cannot support it forever. The best idea is to just quit using it and move on.

Zippy

Razor Creator
I have posted an old version of Razor for users who use UOGateway. You can find it at http://razor.runuo.com/download.php

USE THIS VERSION AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS VERSION IS NOT SUPPORTED. DO NOT COME HERE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS VERSION. THIS VERSION IS OLD. IT MAY NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT HAVE NEW FEATURES. I REPEAT: DO NOT ASK FOR SUPPORT FOR THIS VERSION IT IS NOT SUPPORTED AT ALL--EVER.

It is strongly recommended that everyone STOP using UOGateway. This tool is no longer updated. It does not support new version of Razor nor does it support new versions of the UO client. If you need a UOGateway-like tool, use ConnectUO. UOGateway is DEAD! Move on!

Killamus

Knight
Connect UO is worthless for the server I play on; you can't download patches. because of this, I just copy the patches into my directory, and use Razor to connect.

Besides, connect UO hangs after I click something for 20 minutes.

Raspnex

Wanderer
I have the same problem, after updating from 1.04 to 1.05 the client gets stuck at verifying account.

The shard removes encryption.

I'm not using UO Gateway. Only Razor.

Raspnex

Wanderer
Is this a known problem? Is there going to be a fix for it?

Using 1.0.3 right now, but I'd like to stay up-to-date with the new versions in the future.

kethoth

Page
having the same issue using razor with and without connectuo...and when i close the game window razor hangs for a moment before it closes

Erica

Knight
Killamus;634905 said:
Connect UO is worthless for the server I play on; you can't download patches. because of this, I just copy the patches into my directory, and use Razor to connect.

Besides, connect UO hangs after I click something for 20 minutes.
Then you must be doing something wrong cause i use ConnectUO and my patches on ConnectUO works and anyone that connects to my server with ConnectUO gets the custom patches with no problems at all so its on your end that your doing something wrong.:rolleyes:

Malaperth

Wanderer
Unless they happen to use MUO files, which CUO does not currently support, but will as soon as Jeff can get the MUO file structure.

Erica

Knight
Malaperth;635871 said:
Unless they happen to use MUO files, which CUO does not currently support, but will as soon as Jeff can get the MUO file structure.
Theres a way around that if you got Muo patches from UO Gateway you can still patch them to ConnectUO like i did all you gotta do is go to program files then to your EA GAMES folder look for uog folder there is your muo patches just need to change the names and rar it all in one and then patch it everyone that logs on my server from ConnectUO gets patched to my custom desktop login theme.:rolleyes:

Erica

Knight
Malaperth;635878 said:
so if you have a .muo file, just renaming it to .mul works?
Right so what ever that muo file is from like mines in uog folder theres one called gam file that one i renamed it to gumpart.mul and the other one i got which is gim i renamed to gumpidx.mul and if you got a custom hue that one then is already mul so that stays same and then rar all of your custom with the right names like i show on this post then once its rar name that rar what ever you like it to be called and your set.

Status
Not open for further replies.