RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor 1.0.5 Connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Lord
TBH what you are describing shouldnt work, and if it does for some fluke of a reason, may be screwing things up.

Erica

Knight
Malaperth;635884 said:
Excellent, I'll pass along this link to Jeff and hopefully he can get it working so ConnectUO will do that for users :)

Also so you see that it works go to ConnectUO and find my shard called Angels Of Heaven on public server list and test it out so you see what im talking about and see that it does work i also got my paperdoll as a custom look with the custom patches.

Erica

Knight
Heres 2 custom patch of my shard as we speak from ConnectUO when getting patched from ConnectUO

and this is from one rar that has 2 files in it. and thoses pictures you see on top you will get it from my server list on ConnectUO when connecting to my shard.
Meaning you can still patch muo files to ConnectUO if you do what i post on top.

i love the paperdoll background - very nice

but why it works correctly is that even though the muo files are smaller and "incomplete" when it makes the gumpart, etc files in the uog files - it uses the base one and files it in with the muo files

so then it is a complete file

so using the gumpart, etc files will be a much bigger file than the muo files (if the muo files were done right to start with)
so the connect uo patches will be bigger, but it is possible to use them

Erica

Knight
Lord_Greywolf;635962 said:
i love the paperdoll background - very nice

but why it works correctly is that even though the muo files are smaller and "incomplete" when it makes the gumpart, etc files in the uog files - it uses the base one and files it in with the muo files

so then it is a complete file

so using the gumpart, etc files will be a much bigger file than the muo files (if the muo files were done right to start with)
so the connect uo patches will be bigger, but it is possible to use them
The patch is only 15.8MB and if your hosting a good website will patch really fast.

bean56

Wanderer
mindfray;634653 said:
I started up uogateway to play ultima online. Razor said I a new version was out , I ignored it for a minute logged into my favorite shard, Then decided to get the new version. Logged out and installed the new version of razor. Now it hangs on verifying account. So I tried logging in with connectuo, It worked.

So the new razor keeps you from logging in using uogateway, but works with connectUO.

I hope this will help you guys narrow down the problem, For a fast fix.
I've had some weird things happening with Razor. I was able to connect to my server via razor or the internet. When I had it running on the same computer using 127.0.0.1 I could not connect using razor, it said on the console encrypted client detected even though the box was checked to take off encryption on razor. Same thing happened when I used Connect UO having it run razor. When I used Connect UO w/o razor it got on fine. Seems kinda odd. I've only had this happen with 1.0.3 I think, but it sounds like you guys may have something similar happening to you, but you can't see the console of the server you are trying to get on. Just a little info to maybe help Zippy figure out what's up.

stormkyssed

Sorceror
UOGateway 5.0.7 version connection problems

It appears that OSI issued a patch with 4 digits. RunUO can only deal with 3. The 4-digit patch causes UOGateway to hang up on Verifying Account. Also, UOGateway's Mr. Fixit seems to have vanished into thin air and there's no contact regarding this problem. No way to know if OSI is trying to screw up the free shards or just a bonehead move. For now, UOGateway is considered broken.

If you already patched your client, you need to replace these files with their old versions: anim.mul, artidx.mul, blueprints.tbp, client.exe, cliloc.enu, cliloc.jpn, tiledata.mul and uotd.exe.

Where you'll find them, I have no idea. For those who only did one upgrade, you may find the original files in your UOG backup file and be able to copy and replace the erroneous files from that. Maybe someone who is more encryption-oriented than I am can post something with this additional information?

Razor connects without any problems or issues. I also have no problem connecting with ConnectUO, allowing the updates to my files from UOGateway.

Thistle

Wanderer
Those aren't true MUO patches that you're sending thru ConnectUO. They're actually the merged MUO + *.mul that's done thru UOGateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.