RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor + 3d client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inpu

Wanderer
Razor + 3d client

I can't start Razor + 3d client.
The program stops on the tablet "Entering Britannia".
In what a problem?

pkostadinov

Wanderer
I have the same problem :(
Razor 14 - and 3d client with latest patch - not working ...
Client worked with UORise and Razor worked with old client (version patchet several weeks ago - don't remember the number)
Solution?

twig

Wanderer
Inpu said:
I can't start Razor + 3d client.
The program stops on the tablet "Entering Britannia".
In what a problem?

This sounds like what I have experienced...

The problem I am having is that with the newest OSI patch and the 3D client with razor.. i get stuck at the entering world message.

Using the 2D client with or without razor is fine, and using the 3D client without Razor loads fine too. A few players have asked me about this as well, they seem to have the same problems.

We have tried the release version of UOG as well as the two betas listed in the UOG Forums, as well as using the newest version of Razor.

Any ideas?

kethoth

Page
well for one thing we know it isnt the pre-aos status bar...could it be a problem with cpu reduction and 3d client?

twig

Wanderer
kethoth said:
well for one thing we know it isnt the pre-aos status bar...could it be a problem with cpu reduction and 3d client?

I keep the CPU reduction stuff off while testing things..

twig

Wanderer
Mr Fixit just let me know he thinks it has to do with Razor and not UOGateway... so thats one box checked off in my head. :cool:

Racetrack0

Wanderer
Another plagued soul...

For what it's worth, I experience the same problem under the same circumstances - Razor plus fully patched 3D client means no dice, Razor continues to respond normally while the client itself ceases to respond at the "Entering Britannia" screen.

And to confirm MrFixit's statement, connecting to the server with Razor's interface, cutting UOGateway out of the loop, results in no more success.

For what it's worth, there is another abnormality that accompanies the client freeze, I don't know if others experience this too: when the client freezes at the "Entering Britannia" screen, it is accompanied by a (subtle) graphics glitch - a discolored rectangle within the loading screen that's not normally there. I don't know if Razor makes any modification to the display of information within the main client window itself, but to someone more familiar with the Razor code, maybe this points to something in particular as the culprit behind the incompatibility.

kethoth

Page
yeah i noticed that glitch but thought it was my lack of a decent video card....i dont use gateway....ever....so i knew that wasnt it

adsltrunks

Wanderer
Racetrack0 said:
For what it's worth, there is another abnormality that accompanies the client freeze, I don't know if others experience this too: when the client freezes at the "Entering Britannia" screen, it is accompanied by a (subtle) graphics glitch - a discolored rectangle within the loading screen that's not normally there. I don't know if Razor makes any modification to the display of information within the main client window itself, but to someone more familiar with the Razor code, maybe this points to something in particular as the culprit behind the incompatibility.

Absolutally tha same thing... :mad:

twig

Wanderer
yeah.. I have tried all I can think to do.. still no updated 3D client + Razor :(

I wouldnt mind too much.. but Razor is mostly used by my players for hot key to the custom spells. And most use the 3d client.

kethoth

Page
well i was gonna say try it with an uorice unencrypted client but i just tested it and it wont work either

Reactivist

Wanderer
Me too, I can use UOGateway and get in fine but withour razor (as the new gateway doesnt seem to support razor anymore), or I can use razor to connect and get as far as "Entering Britannia" :(

Nafeesah

Wanderer
I am also having trouble, I just downloaded and installed the lastest Razor, and the newest Gateways and I get stuck at the "Entering Brittaina" screen, I have been playing all morning on the previous edition of Razor, my client is 3d and fully patched as well.

marla

Wanderer
Zippy,

Make a Thread with the direct download to the older 3D Client (4.0.3a or b).

And then, if someone already patched the client, They can come back to the older for now...

I think it's just an encryption problem, right?

Then, for now let's come back to 4.0.3a or b.

(make it sticky) ;-)

Braco

Wanderer
guys i have exactly the same simptoms, i feel so much understood here!!!!!!! but is there a way to repair this problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.