RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor BoD Parser

Razor BoD Parser

A while back I started looking for some tool that I could use to list my BoDs and possibly piece them together for me. I couldn't find one that would work on my server, and do it with little effort. So, over the past 2 weeks I have been working on a BoD parser in my spare time. It parses the BoD Book packets logged by Razor(v1.0.0). If you look at my screenshots of the application it has a set of filters like on the BoD book, but it has one extra feature. It has the ability to piece together your BoDs and determine which BoDs you have the entire set for.

I also plan on adding more functionality if there is enough interest as follows:
  • The ability to see how many items within a certain non-complete Large BoD you own. (I plan on doing this either way)
  • Saving and loading your BoDs.
  • Multiple BoDs that are identical get stacked into the same list entry.
  • New column for the list of BoDs for book name and page #.
  • Item types represented in editable data for private server flexibility.

The server I play on uses client version 5.0.6 up to just before 6.0.0. I think soon after OSI reworked a lot of their packets, and I'm not sure if BoD book gumps were affected by this change. I would expect this application to work on all servers pre-6.0.0 that haven't don't extensive remodeling to their BoD system.

So, the real reason for the post is to see if there would be a lot of interest in the application. If there is a lot of interest I would update it to account for new packet configurations and also make it more adaptable to heavier private server changes.

Attachments

• BoDEmpty.JPG
    BoDEmpty.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 194
  • BoDFull.JPG
    BoDFull.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 147
  • BoD Complete.JPG
    BoD Complete.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 130
I forgot to ask, is there a better place for this post? This is the only place I found people posting about Razor, but its mostly questions about problems they are having.

First let me explain on how you add them to the program.

1. Enable logging packets in Razor
  2. Grab a BoD book you want to add to the program
  3. Simply flip through each page of the book
  4. Parse the file

Once all that is done, then the BoD books are in the program.
My largest test case was with 7,000 BoDs. It took about 10 seconds to parse the packets.txt file. Listing them in the ListBox or modifing the filter would relist them(7,000) in less than a second. Anything less than 1,000 is almost instant. I would expect a parse for 1 book to take 1-2 seconds depending on the speed of the computer.

I have a high end computer though, and I haven't tried it on a slower computer.

Just as an update.

Zippy and I made contact and we have worked out a way for Razor to communicate with my application so that log parsing is no longer needed.

Completed tasks:
  • Saving and loading your BoDs.
  • Item types represented in editable data for private server flexibility.

Amy-

Sorceror
Theres already something like this called uobod. Sorts bods, shows you rewards for each bod, missing bods etc. Theres an EasyUO script that exports the contents of your bod books to this app.

If something like this could work "out of the box" with razor though it would be great!

Amy-;767315 said:
Theres already something like this called uobod. Sorts bods, shows you rewards for each bod, missing bods etc. Theres an EasyUO script that exports the contents of your bod books to this app.

If something like this could work "out of the box" with razor though it would be great!

I am aware of UOBod. I didn't think it worked with Razor though. I thought it just used UOAssist's BoDAgent to populate.

Amy-

Sorceror
Ah, well I never used UOAssist so I don't know, I need to export the bod books to text files with EasyUO and then import them to uobod. It works well but its a lot of clicking hehe
Best of luck with this project, I look forward to see how it turns out :)

vincent-de

Wanderer
Release and Integration

DragonsVirtue;767324 said:
Thanks. I hope it turns out well. Where I play, EasyUO is illegal so I decided to make my own app that works with Razor.

When and where will this be released for testing?

Is there any chance that this might become integrated into Razor? Just out of pure laziness ... :)

And is there a way to *sort* BODs too? That would also be very handy IMHO ...

vincent-de;771333 said:
When and where will this be released for testing?

Is there any chance that this might become integrated into Razor? Just out of pure laziness ... :)

And is there a way to *sort* BODs too? That would also be very handy IMHO ...

I don't think there will be a testing phase. Zippy setup a special version of Razor for me that sends messages to my program. It uses those messages to populate instead of parsing the file. Basically all you do now to add/update bod books is to flip through them. That is probably as far as it will go as integration, however you will be able to launch the BoDAgent from within Razor. When I release this, Zippy will have to update his latest version for the BoDAgent to work. This probably means that it will not work with 1.0.0.

The sorting thing... What I *think* you are asking is that if my BoDAgent will be able to sort your BoDBooks inside of UO. That will be a no. I do have a useful feature that is almost as good though. You can pick a specific large BoD, and it will tell you how many of each small BoD you have, and it's page number in any book that has been added. I hope that makes sense. That is the last feature I have left to add.

vincent-de

Wanderer
Features

DragonsVirtue;772972 said:
I don't think there will be a testing phase. Zippy setup a special version of Razor for me that sends messages to my program. It uses those messages to populate instead of parsing the file. Basically all you do now to add/update bod books is to flip through them. That is probably as far as it will go as integration, however you will be able to launch the BoDAgent from within Razor. When I release this, Zippy will have to update his latest version for the BoDAgent to work. This probably means that it will not work with 1.0.0.

The sorting thing... What I *think* you are asking is that if my BoDAgent will be able to sort your BoDBooks inside of UO. That will be a no. I do have a useful feature that is almost as good though. You can pick a specific large BoD, and it will tell you how many of each small BoD you have, and it's page number in any book that has been added. I hope that makes sense. That is the last feature I have left to add.

That grade of integration and automation is fine ... I basically just wondered whether I will have to start two programs or just one - and as it is callable via razor, it's absolutely fine!

The reason why i asked for the latter feature is, that there is unfortunately no organizer agent (or any other feature) that will regard the properties of items, ie I am not able to put, for example, all five part bods into one book ... or to dump all bone bods etc ... and that's a pity.

Anyway: Can't wait to see your BoDAgent in action ... :p

Is there any way to "subscribe" to the latest news on your BoDAgent?

bborwoeorks

Wanderer
where can I find this file?

I am playing on a private server and would love to have a program that can do the things that this advertises.... where do I get it? :D

The server I play on uses client version 5.0.6 up to just before 6.0.0. I think soon after OSI reworked a lot of their packets, and I'm not sure if BoD book gumps were affected by this change. I would expect this application to work on all servers pre-6.0.0 that haven't don't extensive remodeling to their BoD system.

So, the real reason for the post is to see if there would be a lot of interest in the application. If there is a lot of interest I would update it to account for new packet configurations and also make it more adaptable to heavier private server changes.[/QUOTE]

Where do I go once the bods are "parced"?