RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

razor broken with new OSI patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
razor broken with new OSI patch

:( The new OSI patch seems to have broken Razor. Am unable to login to OSI shards, hangs at "verifying password", have toyed with the various encryption options on the start page to no avail.

superslayer

Wanderer
Ditto. And to answer the comming obvious questions, ya, .net's installed, this is OSI, not a freeshard and I suppose there wouldn't not be an error log, since it's not an error.

Link to the post in UOHall concerning what they did to fix whatever and apparently screwed up a whole lot.

Here

this usually happens if they change something in the encryption.

Lets hope Zippy hasn't dissapeared for a holiday just yet :D

Feid

Sorceror
silentsentinel;725336 said:
... Zippy is the only one who has access to make critical changes like this? :confused: A lot of people use Razor who play OSI, and who donate. :(

And a lot of people, who donate their time, and their code to RunUO and other related projects. They get far less than someone would if they had a job coding, in fact I'd guess close to nothing except compliments and thanks people may give them.

HellRazor

Knight
silentsentinel;725336 said:
... Zippy is the only one who has access to make critical changes like this? :confused: A lot of people use Razor who play OSI, and who donate. :(

Breaking a new encryption isn't exactly the same thing as fixing a bug.

Besides, its something that affects not only Razor, but RunUO, ConnectUO, and every emulator. So I imagine there will be more people than just Zippy alone looking at the problem.

But I wouldn't expect an overnight update, especially not on Thanksgiving. These guys all have families and lives outside of UO. Just use an older client until its fixed.

samoselg

Wanderer
Hi all,

I'm new here, and a new user of razor (and a french so excuse my english in advance :)).

If i understand well, the new patch make razor unusable.

But can we expect for a solution soon, or do we have to wait?

THank you very much

will have to wait until they figure out what they did in the encryption or log in methods from osi

depending on how complex the change is - can take them some time on it

jburmeister

Wanderer
Looks like I have to go back to using UO ASSIST. Damn this sucks.... Looks like it has affected alot of 3rd party programs out there.

Ruinz

Wanderer
Why isn't Razor the default assist tool

Why doesn't EA games pay the Razor creator(s) and bring them on board it's a far more controllable assisatnt the the tugsoft one. No not just the macro's but the neat bits like putting what you want in the display bar etc... wonderfull tool can't wait till the clever people find a cure for the new osi patch.

Scout_Aron

Wanderer
how do we know

Doesnt sound like this is gonna be a simple thing for them to fix, but how are we suppose to know when its updated? will they say in the forum or where do we go to check up to know when the update will be ready? :confused:

razor 1.0.9 (maybe 1.0.8) auto checks for updates when started - just start it up everyday
when there is an update - it will fix it self ;)

HellRazor

Knight
silentsentinel;725503 said:
Yeah... because everyone plays on a freeshard. ::rolls eyes:: That's why OSI was specified multiple times...

This is a RunUO forum. So I would guess that people having connection problems are having them with the new client and RunUO shards. So the solution is to use an older client to connect to free shards. ::rolls eyes::

If you don't know how to have more than one version of the client installed, do some searches. Hint - it involves the system registry.

Oh what the hell, here's how to do it:

1. Install UO. Only patch up to whatever client version you want to use for your shard.
2. Copy your UO directory to a new directory, i.e. "My Shard".
3. Create 2 files saved to your desktop, one called "Regular UO.reg" and one called "My Shard.reg". In both files, put this information, but change the file paths to point to your normal UO install or your shard install, as appropriate:

Create the 2 files as described in this thread:

http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-c...liloc-error-if-uo-not-original-directory.html

Double clicking the appropriate file will allow you to switch between whichever version of UO you want, so you can have a separate client installs for your shard and for regular UO.

The thing is, the UO client (no matter which version you use, and no matter where the client.exe is located) will always read its installation path from these values in the registry. All these files do is update the system registry with whatever file path for UO you want to use.

HellRazor

Knight
Oh, and so far as using Razor with OSI -

Until Razor is updated to handle the new encryption, you won't be able to use it with OSI. Its as simple as that.

Smjert

Sorceror
Maybe a stupid question but.. the encription is the same SpyUo uses?
(So the same numbers? recv, send, timestamp?).

Jeff

Lord
Smjert;726156 said:
Maybe a stupid question but.. the encription is the same SpyUo uses?
(So the same numbers? recv, send, timestamp?).

No looks like they changed the way the encryption is made, so even spyuo is most likely reporting a wrong key. Zippy knows about this so everyone just calm your shit, sit back, relax.

P.S. @ silentsentinel : Your a fucking cunt.

Smjert

Sorceror
I asked you that because i can attach spyuo to the new client.
But maybe finding send, recv, and timestamp is too simple to be the solution.
Right? :p

dethcyte

Wanderer
Making my day.

Jeff;726159 said:
P.S. @ silentsentinel : Your a fucking cunt.

Despite the fact that I have not been on in forever, that shamelessly awesome flame just made my day. Not because I know anything about anyone involved, but simply because of the delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.