RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor has stopped working

Miral

Wanderer
Razor has stopped working

Hi, I'm having a problem with razor.
As soon as I get completely in game and do anything relating to my bag (log in on a char with bags open, open a bag, or try to recount reagents) razor crashes and just says "Razor has stopped working". No crash report, no error code, nothing. Razor's crash then causes the client to crash. If I load the game without razor, the game plays fine. I'm on Win7 x64, I'm running razor as admin, have UO installed in Users/Public/Games, and I've tried installing several .net versions including 1.1, 1.1 slipstreamed sp1, 3.0, and of course 3.5 or whatever that is included in windows 7. All produce the same results. Any help would be appreciated, I love me soem razor when it works :D

Miral

Wanderer
this forum still active at all?

I've also tried setting windows to a basic theme (no aero) but still crashes :(

Zippy

Razor Creator
What shard are you playing on? Have you tried other shards? Post a screenshot of the error message? Log packets and tell us what the last packet you received was?

Miral

Wanderer

That's the error that popped up. On that particular instance I was able to log in ok, but that popped up when I opened my backpack. This is on UOGamers - Hybrid. Same thing happened on Demise.
I don't have any packet sniffing programs or knowledge unfortunately :p

ashftw

Sorceror
I dont have any experience or knowledge with Razor crashing but... just to ask the obvious since posts are pretty far between each other:

a) Have you tried simply running this in compatibility mode for XP?
b) Tried re-installing?

Peace,

ashftw

Miral

Wanderer
yea tried compatibility mode for vista, xp, even windows 98 XD
and yea ive reinstalled a few times

Miral

Wanderer
Ohhhh yeah... spent about 6 hours one day uninstalling and reinstalling various .net pakcs to try to get it to work. Actually the OP states that I tried reinstalling em :D

On another note, to clarify what is happening now... It is crashing right when I open a bag, even if every single feature in Razor is turned off.

ashftw

Sorceror
Oh darn... I'm sorry Miral - I really don't know what else to suggest, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more use to you.

I hope someone can provide you with a solution.

Good Luck

ashftw

in the counters tab
turn off checking new containers completely - both checks

the bag you are opening might be buggy or have a super crap load of items in there (happens whern a gm dupes bags of items, etc by mistake)
the client can only handle so many "items" that it knows about

Miral

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;836117 said:
in the counters tab
turn off checking new containers completely - both checks

the bag you are opening might be buggy or have a super crap load of items in there (happens whern a gm dupes bags of items, etc by mistake)
the client can only handle so many "items" that it knows about

as I said I turned off every feature in razor... I unchecked EVERYTHING.

also, this is happening on newly created characters. Get through char creation fine, but once I'm in game and open a bag, razor stops working.

the question was asked also and never answered

have you tried it on different shards? or just the one?

also what OSI patch are you using, which version of razor also, and the shard you are trying to play on, what version of OSI patch are they running
all of that can make a difference
specialy if you are running regular or enhanced client from OSI

also turning everything off also could be a problem, some shards (like mine) require razor negotiator to be checked
and the one i mention is very easy to over look, but if it is happening with new players, then probably not the cause, unless some one is overloading new players lol

ViWinfii

Sorceror
I am having the same error: Razor has stopped working. I have razor v1.0.12

I am using 2d client version 6.0.1.2, and have tried only on a local server - hosted multiple times between 3 computers at work, and also when hosted on my own pc through the 127.0.0.1 local ip address. The error happens about 50% of the time, and my client locks up. Once I restart razor, the error usually goes away and works perfectly afterwards. I've manually selected where the client.exe file is and the UO directory in the settings of razor, so maybe that helped? I have no idea, just giving my experience

Miral

Wanderer
using latest client and latest razor. I have tried with both the Stygian Abyss Classic and with the UO Gold 2d client.
Tried on all 3 of the UO Gamers shards. Not sure what version they're using of everything but I would assume its the latest.

kerovan

Wanderer
We had a friend that had the same issue lastnight. It turned out to be the UAC, once he turned it off the problem went away and was able to play normally. Try turning it off and see if that helps. Hope it does! Good luck.

Miral

Wanderer
kerovan;837009 said:
We had a friend that had the same issue lastnight. It turned out to be the UAC, once he turned it off the problem went away and was able to play normally. Try turning it off and see if that helps. Hope it does! Good luck.

already have it off :(

Miral

Wanderer
So I just realized how to get the advanced crash report info in windows 7... yay me! here's the crash report:

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor\Razor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Razor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.12.9
Application Timestamp: 4b7bf1ab
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d583
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d583
Additional Information 2: d5837f16697f9091d925fba980311777
Additional Information 3: 1858
Additional Information 4: 18582b0f3b9ab5da6e8622a454ecdd71

kerovan

Wanderer
It could be possible that there is a permission issue between razor and the client. I saw that you had your client installed in user\public\games\

try reinstalling the client in a directory that is not under the user tree. See if that helps...