RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor Port is not configurable.

Erucid

Sorceror
Razor Port is not configurable.

on The Welcome To Razor form... In the "Server:" box I can edit this to reflect my desired location, but the "Port:" box is grey and un-editable. This, of course, prevents me from connecting.

BTW. I'm running Razor in Ubuntu through wine.

Any advice?

Erucid;763905 said:
on The Welcome To Razor form... In the "Server:" box I can edit this to reflect my desired location, but the "Port:" box is grey and un-editable. This, of course, prevents me from connecting.

Any advice?

Erase the name of the server listed and type your own server and the port box should be editable.

Erucid

Sorceror
Formater;764074 said:
Erase the name of the server listed and type your own server and the port box should be editable.
Right, I done that, but the port box does not become configurable. It stays grey. Is this a wine/Razor flaw? Does anyone else have this problem running razor in wine? Kind of funny that I can run RUNUO in linux, but I can't run Razor (properly).

Zippy

Razor Creator
I don't see how you should expect to run tools for a windows game client in Linux flawlessly. RunUO runs natively in linux and it is COMPLETELY different than Razor.

Erucid

Sorceror
Zippy;764148 said:
I don't see how you should expect to run tools for a windows game client in Linux flawlessly. RunUO runs natively in linux and it is COMPLETELY different than Razor.
It wasn't until recently that Razor would work AT ALL in linux. And I was excited to get it to run. And I'm not comparing the two programs (RunUO and Razor) I did comment on the irony that the server and client can function flawlessly in linux, but this tool can not. (UO Client is a windows program that does function flawlessly in linux.) I have faith in the wine team that many other windows based programs will soon function flawlessly in linux. I think Razors portability may be easier if it was based on Mono. But I'm an amateur program myself, what do I know.

Perhaps, seeing as how there are only a few things that Razor can not do in linux, the brilliant Razor Devs might look into these things and see how changes in the code could accommodate the few functions that Linux users can not get to work. (Like making the port field editable regardless of whatever the trigger is to make set it editable) Or since "Hot Keys" (key capture?) wont work, perhaps we could have a little more user friendly "Macro" tab so that multiple things could be set to easily play with a click of the mouse.

Right now I'm stoked that I can (1) Record and play macros at all. (2) use "Force Game Size:" to make my view of the game reasonable!

Blacula

Knight
Erucid;763905 said:

Any advice?

I had that problem too, then I figured out a solution :)

Do this:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/
wine regedit.exe

Then change the registry key for Razor (I forgot where) that says "last server", just edit the string
to your server of choice, and exit and start Razor with wine as usual. It will blank the field and port
so you can put in whatever you like (which made me very happy.) *claps*

P.s.: This is with the latest wine from source (1.1x) and Fluxbuntu, but everything should be the same across the board.

cwalk

Wanderer
Thank you so much Blacula! That did the trick! I will post this fix on my shard's support forum!:D

Blacula

Knight
No problem buddy, it took me all night to figure that one out, didn't want you to lose sleep as well :)