RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RC0] Seed Box Remix

Cyberspud

Wanderer
[RC0] Seed Box Remix

Summary:
The Seed Box is a special container that allows players to store and sort their collections of seeds. Original script by Morkil adapted to work with the "official" plant system. Hopefully I am not stepping on any toes by releasing this.

Description:
Since the original Seed Box does not work with the new system, I had to disable them on my shard. Recently, the players have really started asking about this, so I took it upon myself to adapt the original script by Morkil to work with the new plant system. This is based on the 0.2 version of the original script...without the cross pollination help (wanted folks to figure that out on their own). I fixed/tweaked a few things in the process:

Version 0.1
-New gump...more personal preference then anything else...the original gump should still work
-One box can hold a maximum of 500 seeds (easily changed)
-You can no longer drop an unknown seed on the box to figure out what kind of seed it is (I felt this was a bug)
-Number of seeds in the box is shown on the properties pop up

This is completely compatible with the "old" seed box...it serializes exactly the same, so you should be able to just drop these in and go. It was also tested with a "clean" install.

Installation:
Simply drop this in your "Scripts" folder. I would suggest creating a "Custom" folder under your "Scripts" folder to house all your custom and new scripts. This makes things alot easier when upgrading, believe me!

Attachments

• SeedBox_1_0.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,119
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,367

Thraxus

Sorceror
LightAlex seems to have a habit of doing that.. :rolleyes:

On topic.. this looks absolutely amazing! I hadn't even heard of the original before, but you can bet I'll be making good use of this version.

Thanks Cyberspud! :D

nsdmn

Wanderer
I get a message telling me you cannot store that seed since you are not sure of its type any help here would be great

Thraxus

Sorceror
Cyberspud said:
-New gump...more personal preference then anything else...the original gump should still work
-One box can hold a maximum of 500 seeds (easily changed)
-You can no longer drop an unknown seed on the box to figure out what kind of seed it is (I felt this was a bug)
-Number of seeds in the box is shown on the properties pop up

:rolleyes:

Phantom

Knight
Would anyone like to explain how a post that hasn't been updated in almost 8 months would be bumped?

I think this is one of those cases, people need to look when the last post was made :rolleyes:

Quantos

Lord
It's the correct thread for this Phantom. The question is regarding the script that was taken from this thread. There's no problem with it.

Phantom

Knight
Quantos said:
It's the correct thread for this Phantom. The question is regarding the script that was taken from this thread. There's no problem with it.

For a 9 month old topic though?

Considering the script most likely doesn't even work without bugs/conflicts with the current system :)

Quantos

Lord
Phantom said:

Considering the script most likely doesn't even work without bugs/conflicts with the current system :)

Yes, this is where he got the file from. I tell people all the time to post the support request in the thread that they got the file from. I'd actually consider that there just haven't been any problems with the script, otherwise the thread would have more recent posts.

He could have answered his own question had he actually read the thread. But I see no issue with the post in this thread.

Thraxus

Sorceror
Phantom said:
Topic started 05-24-2004. Today's date 1-13-2005.
Time elapsed = 7 months, 20 days.

Phantom said:
Cyberspud said:
[RC0] Seed Box Remix
;)

For the record, it works just fine. I've been using it since it was first posted.

By the way, I actually like Phantom. I'm just poking fun at him in a friendly manner.
No offense is intended, so I hope none is taken.

Phantom

Knight
Thraxus

Alright 7 month and 21 day, and 5 minute old topic, and that works with RC0, happy ;-)

Give or take a 12 hours