RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RC0] Seed Box Remix

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Like was pointed out, I felt it was a bug that you could drop an unknown seed on the original box and figure out what it was...took out some of the "strategy" (if you could call it that)...I'm pretty sure this script still works with the latest system...I'll be upgrading to 1.0.0 over the next week or so...if the script requires an update, I'll be sure to post it here.

DHMagicMan

Wanderer
Cyberspud,

Any chance you would make it that unknown Rare Colors (aqua, pink, fire and ??) are allowed to be stored but that it just says a xxxx seed? There's no way to identify these seeds since you can't get them by X-Polinating. That or also allow White and Black and since they will read as unkown allow the user to select the correct plant to file it under?

I'm looking forward to the new version.

Thanks.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I have a question please...

The seed box, I would like to change it where unknown seeds can be dropped in it...I do not mind them knowing what type it is...I have looked over all parts and am confused as to how to make this happen..

I thought maybe I could make it where the seed types were visiable and not hidden..or I could take out the line that says

}

Seed seed = ( Seed ) dropped;

if( !seed.ShowType )
{
from.SendMessage( "You cannot store that seed since you are are not sure of its type." );
return false;

CAn anyone who is way smarter about this please help me out here

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Look for this:
Code:
if( !seed.ShowType )
{
    from.SendMessage( "You cannot store that seed since you are are not sure of its type." );
    return false;
}

and comment it out (put a "//" in front of each line). The seed box will no longer verify the seed type is known when you drop a seed on it.

madphatboy2

Wanderer
My apologize for a foolish question... I checked the whole script and i'm not understanding how to add the seedbox into the game, either by creation or vendor. Can someone explain to me a better way to find the name for this....please?

Cyberspud

Wanderer
First of all, make sure you have downloaded the script and placed it the Scripts folder of your RunUO installation (it's a good idea to create a 'Custom' folder for your modified and new scripts under the 'Scripts' folder).

To add the SeedBox to, let's say, the Provisioner, look for SBProvisioner.cs and open it up and look for "InternalBuyInfo". Under it along with the other items there, place:
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "SeedBox", typeof( SeedBox ), 5000, 10, 0xE41, 0 ) );
This will allow the Provisioner to sell the SeedBox for 5000 gold (you can do the same sort of thing under "InternalSellInfo" to allow the Provisioner to buy back SeedBoxes from players).

Hopefully this helps.

H

hudel

I would change the:
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "SeedBox", typeof( SeedBox ), 5000, 10, 0xE41, 0 ) );
to:
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "SeedBox", typeof( SeedBox ), 5000, 10, 0xE41, [COLOR=Red]0x10F[/COLOR] ) );
In this case the seedbox will have the same color on the vendor screen and in your backpack ;).

H

hudel

madphatboy2 said:
Got an error on that one, so I went with the first suggestions which gave me no errors. But I appreciate the suggestions.
Strange, it works fine for me. can you post your SBInfo, please?

Tannis

Knight
I think you asked this in another thread, but I'll answer you again. The Pink, Magenta, Turquoise, and Blaze seeds are only gotten through the Naturalist quest. To get colors besides the red, blue, yellow and plain, you need to cross pollinate your plants as they're growing. If you go to http://uo.stratics.com there's a very good essay on cross pollinating to get different hues and types.

Tannis

Knight
I don't think this is supported anymore. I haven't seen the author on in a long time, and most things in the Archives aren't supported. You would have to try it on your own, and any errors you get you could post in Script Submissions and get some help with it.

SeedBox Vendor with Cyberspuds Seedbox File.

I have Included the Seedbox Vendor that i Made from using the Spellcrafter Template from Xanthos and TheOutkastDev, and Great thanks to Cyberspud for the Seedbox Files otherwise Where would we be now!
I have enclosed all the files including Cyberspuds files for the SeedBox and his picture. that way you can find them all in one area.

Just Adding New Vendor Using his Scripts from the Spellcrafter Vendor files // Partystuffcloseouts // Junior Member

Directions on How to Use the SeedFlowerVendor Files:

1.) Place SeedFlowerVendor.cs into your customs Scripts folder ( C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts ) Folder
2.) Place SBSeedBox.cs into your customs Scripts folder ( C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts ) Folder
3.) Place SeedBox.cs into your customs Scripts folder ( C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts ) Folder
4.) Place SeedBoxGump.cs into your customs Scripts folder ( C:\RunUO 1.0\Scripts ) Folder
5.) Restart Server

After loading into game with your Administrator Character use the following commands.

Type [SeedFlowerVendor = will add the Seedbox Vendor to Your Shard.
Type [add Spawner SeedFlowerVendor = will add the Spawner with seedbox Vendor to your shard.

Read the .txt files for all instructions.

Attachments

• Instructions-SeedBox.txt
    943 bytes · Views: 13
  • SBSeedBox.cs
    1 KB · Views: 13
  • SeedFlowerVendor.cs
    1.4 KB · Views: 14
  • SeedBox.cs
    6.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SeedBoxGump.cs
    13.4 KB · Views: 15
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 25

zardd

Sorceror
Since this is updated to work with 1.0 you should re-submit it instead of bumping it into a archived thread :rolleyes:

Im sure others will be interested to see this but may not if its in here ;)