RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Read(...) and Search(...)

Melanius

Wanderer
Read(...) and Search(...)

Could someone show an example of how can the integers that these two methods return, be used to read/search the clients memory?

Bradley

Sorceror
They don't. Read fills a buffer (array of integers), I think it's the first paramiter in the function call. I'm not sure what the return value is for without looking closer.

Revan

Sorceror
Bradley said:
yes. but you need to know the offset in memory of the stats.

I think i can do that..
But what i don't know is how to use that offset properly.
Could you show me an example, please?..

Bradley

Sorceror
Well, you would have to know the offset of what you are looking for, or somehow write an application to search the momory for a known value to find the offset.

for example, if you know that the current hitpoints is stored at 1045 into the clients memory space, and it's stored in 2 bytes. You jsut create a 2 element array of bytes, and pass in the buffer, 1045, and 2 into the read function. Once the call completes those bytes will be in your buffer to read out.

Revan

Sorceror
Can i use these values to get hit points?
(i've found them using cheat-o-matic searching for the hits number + changes):
Code: x2D80781A:3CA x2C93BF60:7FB

Arya

Wanderer
This was the only active thread in the last month. By default you only see threads with some activity in the last 30 days, you can of course change this by setting an option at the bottom of the forum screen.