RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really annoying constant error message

superslayer

Wanderer
Really annoying constant error message

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Assistant.Item.set_Container(Object value)
at Assistant.PacketHandlers.WorldItem(PacketReader p, PacketHandlerEventArgs args)
at Assistant.PacketHandler.ProcessViewers(ArrayList list, PacketReader p)"

this always happens when loggin on one particular character. i can't close it...it stays on top of ALL windows, including I.E., and the ignore button does nothing. if i try to move the window, there are more exactly like it underneath it. ....they never end. i can't log out of UO, all i can do is close it the hard way.

Please...any helpful info in much appreciated.

Till someone looked into that problem, log in without razor, drop all your stuff in some box and recall to Britain bank or something and log back in with Razor and see, if it persists.
You can also try to usual stuff, like reinstalling Razor, UO or windows. *lol* Don't reinstall :p
Is it a shard with client patch?

R

r00ted

more information would be nice.

Is this character always logged in at the same spot?

maybe try changing locations? such as a secluded bank (Yew? Jhelom? Vesper? etc :p).

and yea, what kinda shard would help too

superslayer

Wanderer
well...the error messages continue. i've done what some have suggested here in the forums including dropping all my clothing, empting my backpack, loggin out in 2 different places...Luna and Brit, and still no help. i was fine for the longest time with no issues reguarding this character. Some details: Osi shard on Great Lakes, client 4.0.11e, Razor ver.1.26... I did happen to notice that this occured after removing a bag of sending from this chars mainback pack. taking that into consideration, i put the b.o.s. back into the mainbackpack of that char with no results

superslayer

Wanderer
anyone have anything simular happening to them?..Here's what this char has done that started this error message. I needed a Bag of Sending, so i logged out that current char, logged on the char with the Bag of Sending (currently the bugged one with the error messages) and did nothing besides remove the b.o.s. from his mainbackpack, to another container, then logged out. if it helps any, i live in Fel.

Well if he removed all his stuff from his pack and moved to a different spot I do not see many possibilities left.
a) He got invisible item, which causes that.
b) some files are corrupt.
c) everyone on the shard has that issue.

Did you actually try to play with Razor on another shard? Or another new character? Maybe you got a friend, who may log in with your character and see if he got the problem too. we need to exclude, that it is some bad file problem. ( must be some invis item, if you can play with other characters... Ask a staff member you trust to check your pack. GM at least. Maybe you do good to ask your admin for support in this point. )

superslayer

Wanderer
well, i did just now try another shard, (Atlantic) and did once again get the error messages. I havent played this atl char in nearly 4 months. i don't know anyone who uses razor, and all my 'main' chars use razor.

I also just now tried something different. i took the time to use the ignore button and ended up closing 330 windows all displaying the same message as i initially posted, logged off and back on and they were all there. Also, i deleted that char's profile with no resolve.

kethoth

Page
try creating a new "default" profile and use that with the char. uncheck all optional features and see if that helps

tolice

Wanderer
i was getting this error messages when useing a 3.07c client in an old-old-old version of razor (0.110).
In .27 this message disappear.

superslayer

Wanderer
i'm using 1.28 on all 3 computers. if it is an invisible item in my bag, how do i go about having it removed? would it be wise to ask a GM to check out my char? (i play on an OSI server) ...btw, this error message also occurs logging into other shards, could it have something to do with that?..the char in question is the first slot on top.

superslayer

Wanderer
:mad: hey, guess what?! i'm still having the error messages! :mad: using the lastest razor, 1.28, client 5.0.1d (patch 7),.microsoft .net latest patches as well.

it'd be really nice to be able to use this char someday once again:( :mad: