RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
a·the·ist ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-st)
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

sec·u·lar ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sky-lr)
adj.
Worldly rather than spiritual.
Not specifically relating to religion or to a religious body: secular music.
Relating to or advocating secularism.
Not bound by monastic restrictions, especially not belonging to a religious order. Used of the clergy.
Occurring or observed once in an age or century.
Lasting from century to century.

Jada

Wanderer
Apatheism: Apathy for devout religious faiths; the absence of interest in both religious and non-religious people

~Atlantic Monthly, May 2003

P

php-junkie

All forms of religions are stupid and I hate religion. Religion is the #1 cause of wars every where. For example if there was no religion 9/11 would never have happened and if 9/11 never happened we never would have invaded iraq.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
i dont agree leet yes religions are stupid but i think that religion was just blamed for the attacks i personally think that it had nothing to do with religion

P

php-junkie

The religion I hate the most is the christan faith. They have been dictators in my life and all of yours since the day we all were born.

P

php-junkie

DontdroptheSOAD said:
i dont agree leet yes religions are stupid but i think that religion was just blamed for the attacks i personally think that it had nothing to do with religion
What other justification could anyone have for killing thousands of people like they did on 9/11?

P

php-junkie

Ok, I can except that, but I still think it happened because of religious differences.

Jada

Wanderer
L33T said:
The religion I hate the most is the christan faith. They have been dictators in my life and all of yours since the day we all were born.

isn't it ironic that Christians blame the Jews for killing Christ, when in fact he was Jewish himself?

All religion has basically the same structure; I don't know if Confucianism or Buddhism count, since they don't really have "gods"...but oh well.
religion is such a touchy subject...

ratfink

Sorceror
L33T said:
All forms of religions are stupid and I hate religion. Religion is the #1 cause of wars every where. For example if there was no religion 9/11 would never have happened and if 9/11 never happened we never would have invaded iraq.

Saying religion caused 9/11 is a very big oversimplification. It stems more from the fact that very few Muslims wish American military presence in the area and jealocy (when you are a damn sucessful country you become a target for hatred by ones without). Religion and Jihad is used largely as a crutch to get people to act that and of course money (suiside fighte's families are looked after VERY well). You really don't see Muslim clerics on TV telling people to kill America.

More people died in history in the first two world wars then any other time in history. Those wars were not caused by religion they were caused by something far more dangerous, Nationalism.

frogfusious

Sorceror
OK people, not all religions are war mongering. Christianity is a hateful religion, I used to be Christian, and my life was so fucked up I was to the point of killing myself. I tried to "ask God" why and how he could let this happen. After no answers it only made me more miserable. Then I relaized there is no God.
I'm a Athiest but I have a Philosophy I thought up. In the beggining there was a supreme being of some sort. How he got there nobody can understand because this god never has spoken to us and never will. This god formed everything that we see, the planets, stars, sun, ect out of himself. He used his own power to create a origin for life. After that everything he created started to evolve(yes I belive in evolution, fuck off :p ). Higher lifeforms were made over billions of years and eventually it stopped with us, the humans. Humans are the highest lifeforms who take in the qualities that the one creator had. But this means, we have to rely on ourselves. There isn't a god for you to prey to when you need help. You have to find it in yourself.
As for a death/afterlife kinda thing, I dunno. The only thing I know about death is, it hurts :p
...anyways thats just my two gp.

Status
Not open for further replies.