RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Admin & updating?

Remote Admin & updating?

I'll be parking my server on my ma's cable connection soon which will mean I won't have direct access to it 24/7. I was wondering if RunUO intends to put some functionality in whereby an administrator could upload and launch the game remotely.

vapor

Wanderer
i whould suggest a program called radmin it allows for remote administration of a computer with very minimal lag in time.

TILT

Wanderer
It's shareware i see (from http://www.famatech.com/).
There is also a Symantec's one: PC Anywhere.
It depends on which type of access you have on the server's machine.

Myrddin

Sorceror
There's also one called VNC which I prefer because it works heterogenously between server and client. You can use it from windows to windows, unix to unix, or windows to unix.

vapor

Wanderer
vnc is good but it tends to lag a lot. thats why i suggest radmin (remote administration) becuase it tends to have a faster connection rate. plus it has ftp support telnet support and u can shut the machine down if needed.