RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

{Repost} FireRockCrafting Ver 1.75 [RC1 & 2]

Hammerhand

Knight
{Repost} FireRockCrafting Ver 1.75 [RC1 & 2]

With the "patient" help of Lord_Greywolf, this will now automatically spawn the FireRockElemental. Either of the harvest tools will do this, but the GargFirePick increases the chance of getting the CrystalineFire by mutating the vein. Ele is only way to get the Large FireRock needed for the crafting. Files are for RC1 & RC2 and are labeled as such. Both tested and working fine.

FireRock Crafting
Ver. 1.75 For 2.0 RC1 & 2
by Hammerhand
Steed, Garg & Ele by Makaar
Elemental Spawn Coding by Lord_Greywolf
Player Burns on Craft Fail by MoltenLava

This is not a drop & play system, but it is a stand alone.
You'll need to merge the PlayerMobile.cs with yours or
else find the changes and manually input them. If yours
is unmodified, set it to .bac and use this one.
The harvest tool is the Fire Pick and can ONLY be used
for mining FireRock which is done in non animated lava
tiles only. GargoyleFirePick from the gargoyle will allow
you to mine more CrystalineFire which is used for crafting
2 special weapons. Either harvest tool will spawn the
FireRockElemental which is the ONLY way to get
the LargeFireRock needed for some of the craftables.
Players need to stand just outside the lava edge and
target the tiles inside. The FireRock crafting tool can only
be used for the FireRock crafting. Neither tools are set as
craftable, but there is an NPC vendor that sells them. Use
the SBFireRockMaster.cs to change the prices to whatever
you want for the tools. At this time this system contains
1 suit of armor, a few bladed weapons, FireStorm (repeating
crossbow) that only fires the FireBolts which are craftable
and the FlameThrower (composite bow) that only fires the
FlamingArrows (also craftable). Neither weapon can use reg
ammo, and neither ammo is usuable with other weapons.
Other items included are BBQ's, HorseBardingDeeds
(deco only), a couple lampposts, FireSteed barding
and a custom Tall Dragon Brazier. Mobiles include
a FireSteed.cs, a new FireRock Elemental & a
new FireRock Gargoyle. Spawn them in lava areas such
as the volcano in Tokuno, or in Fire Dungeon.
Both still have the Damage on Craft Fail. :D

Attachments

• BBQs.JPG
    BBQs.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 335
  • TallDragonBrazier.JPG
    TallDragonBrazier.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 221
  • FireRockCraftVer 1.75 RC1.rar
    56.6 KB · Views: 82
  • FireRockCraftVer 1.75 RC2.rar
    78.1 KB · Views: 106

Deegs

Sorceror
Great system, found a bit of a bug.

When you make either the "Radiant Fire" or "Luminous Flames" it makes the max ammount possible based on your resources, much like making arrows and bolts. The problem is, it actually does make the max ammount possible, for instance if you have 2000 of each resource needed and click build, you will end up with a weapon that wieghs hundreds if not thousands of stones. If a player were to equip it, they wouldnt be able to unequip it until they took ALL of them off, because technically they are wearing multiple at a time.

Anyway, I doubt that makes much sense as im not very good with words, but I fixed it. Around line 211 either delete or comment out the items in red.

Code:
   #region Special
            index = AddCraft(typeof(RadiantFire), "Special", "RadiantFire", 85.0, 95.0, typeof(LargeFireRock), "LargeFireRock", 6, "You dont have enough FireRock");
            AddRes(index, typeof(CrystalineFire), "CrystalineFire", 3, "You dont have enough FireCrystal");
            [COLOR="Red"]SetUseAllRes(index, true);[/COLOR]
            index = AddCraft(typeof(LuminousFlames), "Special", "LuminousFlames", 85.0, 95.0, typeof(LargeFireRock), "LargeFireRock", 5, "You dont have enough FireRock");
            AddRes(index, typeof(CrystalineFire), "CrystalineFire", 2, "You dont have enough FireCrystal");
            [COLOR="red"]SetUseAllRes(index, true);[/COLOR]            

#endregion

This should solve the problem and also prevent serialization warning from spamming your console as well :)

Deegs

Sorceror
Not exactly sure why, but FireRockElemental's are randomly appearing on my internal map, it wouldnt be much of a problem, but it seems like the more players that use the system, the more elementals that end up in the internal map.

After about 6 hours of testing with 15 or so players using the system I ended up with 792 elementals, they are easily deletable, but still a bit of a problem.

I am going to look into it when I get some time, hopefully its just an easy fix.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
I found the same problem after reading the post. I took a look into it and cannot see any problem why it would be spawning them on the Internal map. But I really did not go real indepth into trying to fix the problem.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Ok I have fixed the problem with the elementals spawning on the Internal map. I am posting the fixed script here for everyone to use. This has had limited testing on my test server so if anyone could give me some feed back on how it is working would be greatly appreciated. Also I am not sure if my fix to the mining file did this or not, but you may not get any elementals from the regular fire pickaxe.

Hammerhand if you want to add this to your file package it's fine with me.

Attachments

• FireRockMining.cs
    9.4 KB · Views: 30

KnitePrince

Sorceror
Was this ever fixed or updated? Great idea but am not interested in fighting problems,, got to many other probs.. will keep an eye on it, and bookmarked it.. if no replies i will come back to it later and install it on the backup shard to test it. Thx!