RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reqest for Razor Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

uoextreme001

Wanderer
Im looking for the souce code for Razor if possiable. I just need it to make a modded version for when my players download my client, it places are shard in the list automaticly and they just simply click connect. Thanks in advance.

How do you know? Considering a large majority of Razor is C# and UOE was all C++... im pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

heeyyyy mike smith, the real maker of UO add on's, says hi and also states that the razor code is a knock off with less intellectual capacity.. hope that clears it up for everyone.. and ryan you were way cooler in 2002 :(

so basicly.. yea.. if you ask whoever made razor (neither of you) where he got his throughput it would inevitably be uoe

Jeff

Lord
Funny, so the guy that wrote UOE must have invented dll injection.... amazing. You are so full of shit, go back to your hole.

Zippy

Razor Creator
This thread rocks.

Let's clear some things up, shall we?

Razor contains small amounts of source from the following places:
* Ultima.dll - Razor uses this entire library without modification (it's open source and maintained by the RunUO team)
* RunUO Core - Some of Razor's packet handling borrows heavily from RunUO, but that's no surprise since RunUO is the best/only place to find decent up-to-date info about the UO Protocol.
* Injection - In beta versions of Razor some of the decryption code was based on code from Injection, but that code was long ago replaced by code done by me, but yeah sure based on the Injection code.
* Basic DLL Injection/"Hooking" - This was based on examples from around the internet. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a definitive "source" for those examples (they are all basically the same) and any code which does injection/hooking is pretty much the same.

Most of Razor (including the "hard parts" like interfacing with winsock, managing bi-directional connections, and hacking up client memory) was written by me alone without help from anyone. I have never seen the UOE source, in fact to my knowledge the UOE source has never been made public, so I don't know where anyone would get the idea I had any knowledge of it at all.

I don't know who "Mike Smith" is but I bet if he actually had something to say he'd come on here and say it instead of talking through some assclown.

</thread>

heeyyyy mike smith, the real maker of UO add on's, says hi and also states that the razor code is a knock off with less intellectual capacity.. hope that clears it up for everyone.. and ryan you were way cooler in 2002 :(

so basicly.. yea.. if you ask whoever made razor (neither of you) where he got his throughput it would inevitably be uoe
How did you win a race against 300~ million other sperm? Zippy shouldn't even have to address this. The burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, not the one refuting it. You've brought no evidence into play, just some vague hint that you have some sort of inside information. Anytime someone says that, they're full of shit. Then you try to namedrop another persons name as if thats supposed to make your claim more plausible. Whats that whooshing sound? Its your credibility flying right out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.